GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Who's doing anything fun this weekend?
Doggo's bday is tomorrow (4/20) so we're gonna drive up to a preserve and go for a walk on the boardwalk. Then come back home for some doggie yogurts and I'm gonna fill up the kiddie pool in the yard.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
oh yes, the urge to email clients 'happy holiday' with my replies is strong lol

happy holiday!

Brewery celebration tomorrow could be interesting because I know at least three of the bartenders are big stoners, and probably two more partake.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
On a good day, when I'm trying, I can do like an 8:15 mile. But I rarely run speed days anymore and I just tend to maintain a 10:00 to 12:00 minute pace on my weekday maintenace runs.

My best 50k is an 8:12:56 with about 4,000 feet of elevation gain. That time was about 50 minutes faster than the last time I had done that even a couple of years prior.
50k Good stuff brotha.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
50k Good stuff brotha.
Yeah, I think I've done 3 or 4 of them at this point. Always lose my big toenails afterwards. Working on that little problem to hopefully go farther in the future haha. Longest was 32 miles in an 11 hour endurance event.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Am trying to slooooooowly ramp up my running load. Think this is year 3 or 4 of me saying that. Went too far, too fast, too quickly every previous year and ended up with terrible shin splints.

I weigh too much, for how fast my brain wants to go. Soon as I get off the treadmill and start running outside, I have a really hard time keeping my pace down. I need to be around 13 or 14 min/mi probably to avoid injury at this point, and tend to naturally push towards 9ish min/mi. Haven't come up with a good way to slow myself down outdoors.

May also be due for new shoes, now that I'm thinking about it.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Am trying to slooooooowly ramp up my running load. Think this is year 3 or 4 of me saying that. Went too far, too fast, too quickly every previous year and ended up with terrible shin splints.

I weigh too much, for how fast my brain wants to go. Soon as I get off the treadmill and start running outside, I have a really hard time keeping my pace down. I need to be around 13 or 14 min/mi probably to avoid injury at this point, and tend to naturally push towards 9ish min/mi. Haven't come up with a good way to slow myself down outdoors.

Look into Jeff Galloway's Run/Walk/Run and come up with a plan. Use a watch or app to make you take walk breaks. I still do this on my long runs after 10 years of running. I target a 11:00 to 12:00 minute pace and run 0.90 miles and take a walk break of 0.10. At this point, I can pretty much do that all day long (until my IT band tightens up or prior mentioned toenails get angry haha).

This is also why I prefer trail running with elevation. The terrain naturally forces you to slow down. Road running sucks in general, but I do it out of necessity since it's easier at work.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Started doing static holds before a set of push-ups.

15 second hold in the down position (like, a nose length off the floor) and then a set of 15 push ups is really difficult.

Feels like I'm getting good burn but without working my elbows as much as pounding out huge amounts of regular push ups instead.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Have like 6 Oz. of weed to make into cannabutter tomorrow.

We'll see if I get too stoned to put that much work in with the grinder. Most of it is oldish so it should grind easily.

Last edited:

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion

New shoes will def help... especially if you have issues with the impact of running on hard surfaces. Get some poofy ones to mitigate that. Try to run on dirt/grass/nothardsurfaces too... it really makes a difference.
Have you exercised your lower leg muscles? All the tib muscles? Do you make sure to warm up before a run?
Also, do you run on your heels? It puts a lot of strain on your shins. So probably not the best.

I know I'm yapping, but there's lots of factors that can contribute to shin splints...

Last edited:

avenali312

Autocross Champion
New shoes will def help... especially if you have issues with the impact of running on hard surfaces. Get some poofy ones to mitigate that. Try to run on dirt/grass/nothardsurfaces too... it really makes a difference.
This. Hoka max cushion are like running on clouds. I replace my shoes every year or 300 miles, whatever comes first. I usually have 3 or 4 pair in rotation to make them last longer and for various surfaces.
Have you exercised your lower leg muscles? All the tib muscles? Do you make sure to warm up before a run?
I'm notoriously bad at warming up pre-run haha.
Also, do you run on your heels? It puts a lot of strain on your shins. So probably not the best.
I did spend quite a bit of time transitioning to more of a mid-foot strike. Full toe running takes a long time to adapt to. Zero drop shoes can help as well, but you need to transition to them because it takes a while for your achilles to stretch.
I know I'm yapping, but there's lots of factors that can contribute to shin splints...
Mine eventually went away on their own once I started to hit like 20-30 mile weeks. Not sure if that is typical, but I just sort of beat them into submission haha.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
This. Hoka max cushion are like running on clouds. I replace my shoes every year or 300 miles, whatever comes first. I usually have 3 or 4 pair in rotation to make them last longer and for various surfaces.

I'm notoriously bad at warming up pre-run haha.

I did spend quite a bit of time transitioning to more of a mid-foot strike. Full toe running takes a long time to adapt to. Zero drop shoes can help as well, but you need to transition to them because it takes a while for your achilles to stretch.

Mine eventually went away on their own once I started to hit like 20-30 mile weeks. Not sure if that is typical, but I just sort of beat them into submission haha.
Do yourself a favor and warm up before you run...
Strengthening the muscles does work...

You gonna be tuning in to the olympics? WOOP WOOP!!!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm playing taxi driver to my wife and all her friends this weekend. It's the annual club tennis championships and the parking lot is packed so I'll picking them up and driving them to and from their matches. On the bright side, I get to see fit legs in tennis skirts all weekend.