GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
We need to build a new site and easily migrate all the data. I work in IT. It’s NBD, really. Forums are light work.

I'll offer my domain as tribute.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I don't know about a fried ECM. But if all the accessories get power and work, yet the car can't communicate with the OBD port, that does point to some kind of electrical issue. I've never laid hands on an MKV, but like you said. In an MK6 & MK7, the car doesn't need to be on for that to happen. As long as the accessory power is on, it can communicate with the OBD port. I just didn't know if that was different for the MKVs.
you know, the car has always clicked randomly when its on, like there's little relays under the dash just clicking sometimes. sometimes the lights would flash and the doors would randomly lock and unlock, shit like that. maybe an ignition one shit the bed? seems like a somewhat common mkv thing was random dashboard clicking but theres not much info on WTF is going on.
I can see where this is going. Even if the car is fixed....

"Babe, I know we agreed no more cars. But I NEED a new car! What happens if it dies like that when I have little bebita with me?!"
devising a way to hopefully find a simple solution but also find a way to say 'looks like the turbo shit the bed and it needs a K04'
Dude, if I'm wrong just tell me what the answer is. I get it maybe I don't know, but now I have to ask.
No, you are a n00b who needs a shoe on your head until we say otherwise. we give you plenty of information when you DESERVE it.

likkleindian

Go Kart Newbie
Doing a training and this is in it.
1696266610121.png

avenali312

Autocross Champion
I bought a cheap gun cleaning kit to replace my old one, it shows up and has a hard plastic case with "made in china" stamped on it. Don't care at all, but they included a bunch of 2nd amendment propaganda in it lmao
Sounds like "Made in China" and "Assembled in Texas."

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I now drive a JDM car, finding caulk is the least of my worries.

1696269953990.gif

I bought a cheap gun cleaning kit to replace my old one, it shows up and has a hard plastic case with "made in china" stamped on it. Don't care at all, but they included a bunch of 2nd amendment propaganda in it lmao

Absolutely on brand for the ‘MuRiCa FirSt crowd.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I gotta stop getting on here for a while, I keep looking at the classifieds and I'm like 120% out of money

PS if anyone's ever inclined to use an impact to remove their o2 sensor... don't

umm-wait.gif

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
I mean I'll fully accept ridicule over it, it was a lesson learned and I'm a little smarter now for it. But given that I couldn't get it to budge with a wrench AND the socket was black and had a square drive... Well, when you've got a hammer, everything looks like a nail. I think the theory was to beat it just a little and try again with another tool, but instead it beat the connector into the stratosphere and now I've got like half a plug. I'm sure I can get a replacement connector end and it's not a biiiiiig deal, but it wasn't super expensive on rockauto and well, it kinda makes for a fun story to laugh at myself.

The thing making me more antsy is that my resonator section comes tomorrow, and I'm told I'll have to cut off a bit of the downpipe to have it mate -- we'll see once it arrives, but I'm very nervous to cut anything off of such a nice piece. I'm sure it'll be a lot more clear once I see it in person though, and it'll all work out fine.

e: btw I can't state enough how impressed I am with the Baun downpipe, like the welds look better than the OEM welds 😂 Not to say I'm not easily impressed, but I'm definitely impressed overall because the whole piece looks fantastic.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
on jc can make me change the title

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I mean I'll fully accept ridicule over it, it was a lesson learned and I'm a little smarter now for it. But given that I couldn't get it to budge with a wrench AND the socket was black and had a square drive... Well, when you've got a hammer, everything looks like a nail. I think the theory was to beat it just a little and try again with another tool, but instead it beat the connector into the stratosphere and now I've got like half a plug. I'm sure I can get a replacement connector end and it's not a biiiiiig deal, but it wasn't super expensive on rockauto and well, it kinda makes for a fun story to laugh at myself.

The thing making me more antsy is that my resonator section comes tomorrow, and I'm told I'll have to cut off a bit of the downpipe to have it mate -- we'll see once it arrives, but I'm very nervous to cut anything off of such a nice piece. I'm sure it'll be a lot more clear once I see it in person though, and it'll all work out fine.

I assume you have one like this?

1696271290219.png

I could connect the dots on that logic.

Because I swear if you say you have one like this...

1696271305272.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Oh, same title since Saturday

🥱

Cut him some slack. He's too busy fixing his car, building a crib, and dealing with his wife crying because she's pregnant, and her pregnant brain thinks she wants to eat an entire jar of mayonnaise.