GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

Daks

Autocross Champion
Man, I've been fucking with B9's in my head over the last little bit. APR's DTR solution puts down stupid power

Attachments

• 1705349673957.png
    1705349673957.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 41

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Test drove a 22 GLI Autobahn today for funsies. Overall not impressed. DCC is nice and cool air blowing on your butt is nice. Seats were comfy. 7-spd DSG is pretty good but the tuning for the GLI is frustrating. The interior somehow feels cramped with poor visibility and the materials are cheap and creaky. There must’ve something wrong with the engine because it wasn’t smooth at all. And the glass infotainment was smudge city. Capacitive steering wheel controls weren’t as bad as I expected them to be. Big meh. Maybe on its own it’s a good car, but compared to the 7-year older GTI I had just stepped out of, it honestly kinda sucked.

Last edited:

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Test drove a 22 GLI Autobahn today for funsies. Overall not impressed. DCC is nice and cool air blowing on your butt is nice. Seats were comfy. 7-spd DSG is pretty good but the tuning for the GLI is frustrating. The interior somehow feels cramped with poor visibility and the materials are cheap and creaky. There must’ve something wrong with the engine because it wasn’t smooth at all. And the glass infotainment was smudge city. Capacitive steering wheel controls weren’t as bad as I expected them to be. Big meh. Maybe on its own it’s a good car, but compared to the 7-year older GTI I had just stepped out of, it honestly kinda sucked.
and theyre hideous

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I hate to do it, but I'm going to ask your guys opinion on clutches.

So I've got 32k miles on the stock clutch, daily, autocross, tracking and even a day of hot lapping at the drag strip on 200tw's.

In daily driving, clutch holds fine, but a one hard shift to 2nd with too many revs and it'll overheat and glaze for the rest of the day. That's at stg 1 EQT with an IC.

I'm going to swap out the clutch soon. I don't want anything too stiff or noisy. I'm eventually going to do an IS38, but car will go stg 2 first.

I tend to be pretty easy on clutches, I did 120k on the stock clutch in my VR6 Corrado and it was still fine when the car died and I drove that car very hard.

With that said, give me some recommendations.

My first thought was Ringer racing with DMF, their middle pressure plate and an appropriate clutch.

I'm not against SB something or other.

I was thinking about the Sachs DMF kit that's supposed to me similar to the TTRS setup or something.

Anyone have good or bad experiences with clutches? Let me know what you think I should do.

Love my RSR but only have stock to compare it too. Have never tried another clutch in a GTI.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Personally I'd go with a southbend stage3 endurance for what you use the car for. It's fine in daily driving scenarios
I'm only planning on IS38, fuel mods, with DP and open tune. You think I need that much clutch?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
What power level are you at?

K04 Unitronic tune. Only have about 21k miles on the clutch. 5k miles on stage 2 the rest K04.

GolNat

Autocross Champion