GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
There's a college kid in my neighborhood with a 7.5 that I think he's mostly straight piped and burble tuned. Dude floors it for like 50 feet just to hear ThE pOpZ aNd BaNgZ bRoOoOoOoOo

It's clean otherwise and I don't have the heart to tell him it sounds like shit
I was really torn on the burble tune when I went stage 2, burbles in Sport or Normal so I'd have an option to avoid them. But I feel like aggressive burbles are just too over the top, my Mazda makes some natural burbles (I'm not sure what's wrong with it don't strike me) but nothing insane like what a lot of the modded BMWs and VW/Audi stuff around here is like.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
I don't know anything about mk6 build quality, but I've been fine with my mk7.5. There are some things that I think would be nice to have (backlit overhead controls being a big one), but generally speaking, I don't know that I see it.
FWIW the overhead control panel is a super easy and relatively inexpensive plug-and-play swap. One of the first things I did on my Mk7.5 (not backlighting the button for a light, which you’d inherently need in the dark? So dumb.)

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
FWIW the overhead control panel is a super easy and relatively inexpensive plug-and-play swap. One of the first things I did on my Mk7.5 (not backlighting the button for a light, which you’d inherently need in the dark? So dumb.)
Yeah, I've been putting it off though, same as the 2-door seatbelt receiver. Both things that should be very easy to install, but just cost money that I haven't felt like spending. Even though it's super minor.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Lmao the shop that worked on my wife’s RAV4 overinflated the tires to at least 40 psi apparently. Just dropped her off at the airport and when I got home measure front and rear at 44-46 psi. The tires have a max rating of 44 psi, so yeah that could have ended badly had I stayed on the highway much longer. I called the service manager and chewed him out.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
I don't know anything about mk6 build quality, but I've been fine with my mk7.5. There are some things that I think would be nice to have (backlit overhead controls being a big one), but generally speaking, I don't know that I see it.

This baffles me. The mk7 has back lit buttons (or at least mine does). What a strange thing for them to have removed for the facelift. If I recall, there were a few other things that fell off for the mk7.5 too, like felt lining in cubbies or something?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I’d

offer the GTI to you, but it’s a mk7.5, and only $26k.
I paid $27k for my 19 Rabbit Edition new. You could have gotten $26k last year. Car prices have dropped off big time and are going to continue to drop next year. Manufacturers are subsidizing loans again, so interest rates will be much lower for new cars, pushing used prices down.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Might be time to get the mk8 then, the last manual car i will ever be able to buy. Gotta make it last

riceburner

Autocross Champion
The cost cutting between the 7 to 7.5 was incredible, and yes a lot was further cut into the mk8

Shiidd, even the 5 to 6 had a lot of price cuts, i.e. hid headlights not a standard inclusion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I was really torn on the burble tune when I went stage 2, burbles in Sport or Normal so I'd have an option to avoid them. But I feel like aggressive burbles are just too over the top, my Mazda makes some natural burbles (I'm not sure what's wrong with it don't strike me) but nothing insane like what a lot of the modded BMWs and VW/Audi stuff around here is like.
I got no burbles, pops or bangs with my tune. Get off my lawn.

I also avoided the flat foot shifting and any launch control options. That's how you break shit.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
There's a college kid in my neighborhood with a 7.5 that I think he's mostly straight piped and burble tuned. Dude floors it for like 50 feet just to hear ThE pOpZ aNd BaNgZ bRoOoOoOoOo

It's clean otherwise and I don't have the heart to tell him it sounds like shit
I had at least a couple people tell me my mk6 sounded like shit when I had a pop tune. At the time I liked it, but I'd agree with them now.

I don't think I ever got any comments on my Rs exhaust, nothing good or bad. The only thing that kinda bothered me with my R was the change in exhaust tone with the valve changeover.

But I did have a co-worker tell me my rs3 sounded bad. He's been the only one. I can make it burble pretty good with the stock tune and one day I was forcing the burbles as I drove past him. Anyone else that's talked to me about it has liked how the exhaust sounds. I like my quiet little burbles.

likkleindian

Go Kart Newbie
The blueball, or the sick whip it’s in?

View attachment 298319

It was the great car shuffle of 2023.

I bought a JDM toy to satisfy my midlife crisis. Leaving the GTI as a winter car(?)

I figured I’d get a new winter whip but needed something my parents would be willing to use/store at their place in the summer. Why not minivan?!

Ms Corprin said, “great idea!” And went Christmas shopping. She sent me a text while I was at work with “it’s okay it says it’s from Santa!”

View attachment 298320

GTI is being sold off in the spring when the winter is gone.

+1 Legnum VR4
+1 Golf R
-1 Alltrack
+1 Sienna
-1 GTI
What about that Mini? Want to get rid of that to free up some space?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
I got no burbles, pops or bangs with my tune. Get off my lawn.

I also avoided the flat foot shifting and any launch control options. That's how you break shit.
Same, though I did opt for LC in the 'just in case' and obv TC because I've heard it's very good. Haven't really toyed with either, though we did play with the LC in my friend's B5 A4 and that was hilarious. Spinning four (admittedly shitty) tires on the launch was fun, but the clutch didn't live a long life after that.

I had at least a couple people tell me my mk6 sounded like shit when I had a pop tune. At the time I liked it, but I'd agree with them now.

I don't think I ever got any comments on my Rs exhaust, nothing good or bad. The only thing that kinda bothered me with my R was the change in exhaust tone with the valve changeover.

But I did have a co-worker tell me my rs3 sounded bad. He's been the only one. I can make it burble pretty good with the stock tune and one day I was forcing the burbles as I drove past him. Anyone else that's talked to me about it has liked how the exhaust sounds. I like my quiet little burbles.
your coworker should be fired. Out of a cannon, into the sun.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
your coworker should be fired. Out of a cannon, into the sun.
Part of me wants to get him in the car to take him for a rip around the block, so he can actually hear it, but I don't really want him in my car. He came up to me just to tell me he didn't like how it sounded. lol...Like, "do you have an exhaust leak? That doesn't sound good, I don't like it at all, but I'm used to big V8s"