GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Part of me wants to get him in the car to take him for a rip around the block, so he can actually hear it, but I don't really want him in my car. He came up to me just to tell me he didn't like how it sounded. lol...Like, "do you have an exhaust leak? That doesn't sound good, I don't like it at all, but I'm used to big V8s"
He probably doesn't know it's a 5cyl.
Btw have you launched your car yet? I'm guessing you've floored it.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
The cost cutting between the 7 to 7.5 was incredible, and yes a lot was further cut into the mk8

Shiidd, even the 5 to 6 had a lot of price cuts, i.e. hid headlights not a standard inclusion
Having owned both a mk5 and mk6 golf, I can confirm. And it's funny listening to the mk6 guys complain about it, because the same thing happened to their generation. VW lowered the build quality, but improved the engine, added software features and updated the styling.

I do miss the floor mounted gas pedal...

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
ok boomer and move on

It's telling that he felt the need to try to piss on your parade, unprompted.
Pt 1. As a V8 owning boomer he is right....any kind of motor can sound good, but those camed V8s are among the best
Pt 2. This. Even when you don't like the car you don't insult

Unless breaking friend's stones

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
ok boomer and move on

It's telling that he felt the need to try to piss on your parade, unprompted.
And I was so nice to him when he came into the office to show everyone his dumbass trump duck he got for his jeep.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
And I was so nice to him when he came into the office to show everyone his dumbass trump duck he got for his jeep.
this is literally all i need to know to figure out the kind of person he is.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Pt 1. As a V8 owning boomer he is right....any kind of motor can sound good, but those camed V8s are among the best

Can I have an exception for the Nissan Murano convertible?
1706199085839.png

Corprin

Autocross Champion
there's a mk7 near me with what I can only assume is rain gutters comprising the entire exhaust system. It sounds horrible. It's not the only one either -- I've heard several VW 2.0T cars that just sound unpleasant, and it's reinforced my decision to spend more than I've spent previously on exhaust parts combined in order to try to avoid that awful sound.

I don't know anything about mk6 build quality, but I've been fine with my mk7.5. There are some things that I think would be nice to have (backlit overhead controls being a big one), but generally speaking, I don't know that I see it. The mk3 vs mk4 I'd say there's definitely a big gap (or I had the world's nicest mk4 and all my friends coincidentally had the worlds worst mk3s).

Also @Corprin what is that behind the shelf in the last picture? I don't recognize it, it sorta looks British in nature but I'm the worst at identifying things.

83 Mini 998.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I paid $27k for my 19 Rabbit Edition new. You could have gotten $26k last year. Car prices have dropped off big time and are going to continue to drop next year. Manufacturers are subsidizing loans again, so interest rates will be much lower for new cars, pushing used prices down.

$26k for stock with 13,778mi on the clock, and still under warranty. Perfect condition plus a pile of parts new in box to go along with it. I’ll sell to the dealer and flip all the parts if needed. They are offering me $24k as it sits today. Good friend at the dealership noted “they want your car for a CPO”

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion

I think I'm fairly nice to folks about their cars, even though I'm not a fan of "Classic American" stuff -- I didn't grow up with/around that sort of stuff, but I'll try my best to ask engaging questions and not be a dick (unless provoked).

Really sounds like he's got the emotional maturity of a 5 year old. Have you tried giving him a hug, and assuring him that you won't make fun of him, even if he drives a Jeep? Maybe he's just scared.

techbros - i have three gaming consoles and a TV with two HDMI ports, do the 1 in, 2 out splitters work well so I can just plug each console into its own port?
They work well enough. You know, one PC could solve a lot of those problems #PCMasterRace 😉😋

Can I have an exception for the Nissan Murano convertible?
View attachment 298346
yes

83 Mini 998.
Rad, my FIL has an MG Midget that he's been cleaning up for quite some time. Really cool stuff.