GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
UFC tn, who's watching?
Edit: One of the best UFC events I've seen in a whiiiile

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Earlier this week folks were showing their new rides. I did a thing

Not my picture

It's going here. I'm going to run a ckt out to it for ceiling fan and probably string lights. Dropped onto a bed of 3/4" stone. About 7' off fireplace
1. Room for a couple of chairs if you want
2. Also cause wood and fire

That 7 x 12 area hopefully will be a fieldstone patio to match FP and house
View attachment 300601

We are looking at building a bunkie on our property to serve as a tent alternative.

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone bought wheels and tires packaged from Fitment Industries? Apparently they mount and balance em for free when you package. Curious if it's any good. I have bought wheels from them before. Quite pleased.
I bought a Neuspeed/Continental package from them last year. They had the best price on a mounted/balanced setup to my door. Balance has been good up to 110 mph or so......might make a high speed test soon. Overall I was very impressed.

My only complaint is that they put polished or chrome valve stems on satin bronze wheels. I put TMPS sensors on them to replace the caps, so they aren't too bad now. Fast shipping and good communication from the guy that I worked with since I used a tire size that hadn't been previously verified by their team.

As an FYI: if anyone here is a veteran, I can send you a code for a fleet account through Discount Tire, if you'd like to get 15% off in store purchases only (didn't have this code until after I'd dropped $2200 with Fitment Industries)
gti2.jpg

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Oof on the valvestem!

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
I bought a Neuspeed/Continental package from them last year. They had the best price on a mounted/balanced setup to my door. Balance has been good up to 110 mph or so......might make a high speed test soon. Overall I was very impressed.
Word.
Wouldn't the balance be a bit off at 70 too? Just not as in your face as it is at 110?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Ah, Pizza Friday the whole weekend.

I know when I feel a vibration at 70mph the first thing I do is try to push past the event horizon and hope the wheel is balanced at 100+ instead.

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Word.
Wouldn't the balance be a bit off at 70 too? Just not as in your face as it is at 110?
Balance has been fine at all speeds up to 110. I just thought I would mention it since some places still can't get tires/wheels to balance out, without a hair of vibration. I bought a set for my wife's car last year, from Priority tire that had a slight vibration. They ended up paying for me to have the set re-balanced locally, instead of sending them back.

This follows in the same subject.........a little.

I am friends with one of the managers at a local BigO, and I've taken my cars there for tires and alignments for years. I called him on Friday when I had gotten a "good enough" on my toe settings after doing my coilover and LCA install. I asked if he was confident in the kid who works his alignment rack (last alignment tech works for a local dealer now). He told me that I was in good hands, and he had actually just had a lowered Mk7 R on the rack earlier that day.

I know BigO and several other "car care" businesses catch a lot of flak for a lack of quality control, but I have to say that the kid in his very early 20's did an outstanding job and actually asked me if I'd like to hang out after we chatted about my preferred settings. He loves cars as much as I do, and his work showed that he cared about getting it dialed in. I was so impressed that I'm going to drop a tip or lunch off with this kid, to show him my gratitude. I know the younger generation might have too many bad apples, but this kid seriously impressed me.
417396661_10230030114033428_143537303350206831_n.jpg

Last edited:

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Balance has been fine at all speeds up to 110. I just thought I would mention it since some places still can't get tires/wheels to balance out, without a hair of vibration. I bought a set for my wife's car last year, from Priority tire that had a slight vibration. They ended up paying for me to have the set re-balanced locally, instead of sending them back.

This follows in the same subject.........a little.

I am friends with one of the managers at a local BigO, and I've taken my cars there for tires and alignments for years. I called him on Friday when I had gotten a "good enough" on my toe settings after doing my coilover and LCA install. I asked if he was confident in the kid who works his alignment rack (last alignment tech works for a local dealer now). He told me that I was in good hands, and he had actually just had a lowered Mk7 R on the rack earlier that day.

I know BigO and several other "car care" businesses catch a lot of flak for a lack of quality control, but I have to say that the kid in his very early 20's did an outstanding job and actually asked me if I'd like to hang out after we chatted about my preferred settings. He loves cars as much as I do, and his work showed that he cared about getting it dialed in. I was so impressed that I'm going to drop a tip or lunch off with this kid, to show him my gratitude. I know the younger generation might have too many bad apples, but this kid seriously impressed me.
That's awesome dude, I gotta take my car him. Fastrack's quality control was kinda eh... especially for 170 dollar alignment.
Important to reward this attention to detail.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Imagine it being Sunday and still having a thread title referencing Friday. This never would have flown in OT in 13 - 15.