GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
I mean, yes and no. Kinda.

The moon is shifting away from the earth, at about 1" per year or so. So even if you go back, say, 2.5 billion years, the moon was only 40 miles closer to the earth. Which when you're talking about a celestial body almost 2,200 miles across, almost 240,000 miles away from earth, that 40 mile difference over 2.5 billion years wouldn't really be perceivable to the naked human eye.

So yeah. There still were total eclipses billions of years ago.

Now, size proportionate to the distance of each, making them appear similar sizes.... Yeah, that's an awe.
The moon drifting away means it will get smaller in apparent size in the sky so eventually may not fully block the sun, meaning the end of solar eclipses on earth foreverrrrrr 😮

But it sure is kinda magical that the moon and sun just happen to be the right size and distance for the moon to perfectly cover the sun.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The moon is made of cheese. You can't prove me wrong, because none of you have been there. Checkmate librels

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
The moon is made of cheese. You can't prove me wrong, because none of you have been there. Checkmate librels
If that was true we would have eaten it until there was nothing left.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
The moon drifting away means it will get smaller in apparent size in the sky so eventually may not fully block the sun, meaning the end of solar eclipses on earth foreverrrrrr 😮

With how slowly the moon is drifting away, the sun will probably go out (another 5 billion or so years, so another 80 miles for the moon to drift) before that actually happens.

But it sure is kinda magical that the moon and sun just happen to be the right size and distance for the moon to perfectly cover the sun.

That I fully agree with.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Tiki drinks in Key West.

Drunk Corprin AMA.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Tiki drinks in Key West.

Drunk Corprin AMA.

What 3 letter agency do you really work for?

My dad used to own 1022 Varela St, he let us use it for our honeymoon. I hid something underneath the back deck, go get it, and you can keep it...

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I could tell you but I’d have to kill too.

And challenge accepted.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Amazing moments in the life of a moron today.

Wasn't paying attention and actually ran the car out of gas, got myself stranded on a busy road. Help arrived with a gas can but after filling it the car wouldn't start.

Got a jump and it fired up but couldn't stay running. Pushed the car off the road (cops were there by then so they got traffic stopped and helped push the car into a neighborhood near by.) Car sat for like 10 minutes and then I just felt like trying it again.

Fired right up and stayed on, epc light didn't come back on. I drove it around the parking lot and it ran normally, figured it was okay so then I was able to get it home (just another mile away)

Any experience with running out of gas and then the car not wanting to restart? Is there anything I should be looking for in the immediate term?
I'm certain that it was 100% out of gas cause 3 gallons only brought me to just past the E mark but I'm super nervous about the car now because of the not wanting to restart.

It's a life affliction being this stupid, don't be like me.

cb1111

Amazing moments in the life of a moron today.

Wasn't paying attention and actually ran the car out of gas, got myself stranded on a busy road. Help arrived with a gas can but after filling it the car wouldn't start.

Got a jump and it fired up but couldn't stay running. Pushed the car off the road (cops were there by then so they got traffic stopped and helped push the car into a neighborhood near by.) Car sat for like 10 minutes and then I just felt like trying it again.

Fired right up and stayed on, epc light didn't come back on. I drove it around the parking lot and it ran normally, figured it was okay so then I was able to get it home (just another mile away)

Any experience with running out of gas and then the car not wanting to restart? Is there anything I should be looking for in the immediate term?
I'm certain that it was 100% out of gas cause 3 gallons only brought me to just past the E mark but I'm super nervous about the car now because of the not wanting to restart.

It's a life affliction being this stupid, don't be like me.
Kinda normal'ish. You should be OK, but don't do that on a regular basis. Last time I ran out of gas was in a 75 Cadillac Sedan deVille in the early 80's in Kaiserslautern. Same problem, though.