GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Holy cow the plastic caliper covers actually fooled someone

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I saw a set of Audi branded ones on somebody's A6(?) at work.

The irony is, if the brakes were any good I'm fairly convinced the plastic covers would've melted/deformed by now.

ngl there's a nicely modded GSW that parks close to work. For the longest time I thought "damn, nice, they even did a BBK" and then I checked it out up close. Disappointed in myself for never noticing (from 500ft away) but more disappointed in the owner. Putting in all that time and money to make a nice GSW, only to cap it off with fake plastic brembos???????

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
ngl there's a nicely modded GSW that parks close to work. For the longest time I thought "damn, nice, they even did a BBK" and then I checked it out up close. Disappointed in myself for never noticing (from 500ft away) but more disappointed in the owner. Putting in all that time and money to make a nice GSW, only to cap it off with fake plastic brembos???????
I get that it's about the look for some people, but damn. Paint's cheap, just paint the calipers. Most people aren't going to judge you for regular brakes, and anyone who will is going to judge you way harder for the plastic covers.

I may or may not judge people on tire choice :whistle: particularly when it's trying to imitate a "track" look, but has stretched all seasons.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I get that it's about the look for some people, but damn. Paint's cheap, just paint the calipers. Most people aren't going to judge you for regular brakes, and anyone who will is going to judge you way harder for the plastic covers.

I may or may not judge people on tire choice :whistle: particularly when it's trying to imitate a "track" look, but has stretched all seasons.
That's what I dont understand....the only people who are going to notice are the ones that will just laugh at you and make fun of the covers.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
yet to see plastic brembo covers and there are some serious ricers around here.

moreover i know Acadia has an even bigger bone to pick, even if he has zhong zhong bbk:

OEM Brembos off a PP GTI painted red and 'R' logo on them on a GTI, even though they are the same brakes that come on the R

Probably on all seasons too IIRC
1713187645642.png

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
yet to see plastic brembo covers and there are some serious ricers around here.

moreover i know Acadia has an even bigger bone to pick, even if he has zhong zhong bbk:

OEM Brembos off a PP GTI painted red and 'R' logo on them on a GTI, even though they are the same brakes that come on the R

Probably on all seasons too IIRC
View attachment 303291
Wouldn't expect anything less of you... given the way your mk6 looked.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Seen a decked out camero over the weekend. Black with blue trim. Looked really good, till I noticed the plastic brembo covers.... late 60s man with a mid 20s woman. He was on cloud 9 I bet.