GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emergency SOS Error

Studen

Hi Guys,

Having an issue with this Emergency SOS error, it started randomly doing this a week after getting my second Mk8 etsi ! the middle speaker crackles 2 twice then I get "Emergency SOS error Please contact the workshop" the only way to clear this is too leave the car off for 10 mins and it's normally gone.

anyone else suffering from this ? and if so was there a fix?

Running software 1666
Yea I had loads of problems with this but now sorted - required a new steering wheel to be fitted - something to do with sensors in the steering wheel being faulty.

Mattbates85

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you get a constant your not driving in the centre of the road message? It’s always coming up even though I’m in the center of the road. Dam annoying

Studen

Did you get a constant your not driving in the centre of the road message? It’s always coming up even though I’m in the center of the road. Dam annoying
Yes sometimes but that’s the lane assist which can be disable in settings - although that has to be done every journey as it resets

agiz

Yea I had loads of problems with this but now sorted - required a new steering wheel to be fitted - something to do with sensors in the steering wheel being faulty.

Same here – they've replaced my steering wheel around some time in November 2020 – but now I'm seeing same problem again. Except this time they don't want to change or even try to update the software. It's happening slightly less often than before, but is still frustratingly annoying 😔

Studen

Same here – they've replaced my steering wheel around some time in November 2020 – but now I'm seeing same problem again. Except this time they don't want to change or even try to update the software. It's happening slightly less often than before, but is still frustratingly annoying 😔
Me too after a while - but after returning to dealer the problem seems to have been resolved - VW have updated software specifically related to this problem - here’s hoping!

wamba16

Me too after a while - but after returning to dealer the problem seems to have been resolved - VW have updated software specifically related to this problem - here’s hoping!
any news on this problem, what is the last update please

Studen

I was told by the dealer that this problem was common across all models. VW acknowledged the problem and provided a fix - I think software. I’ve not had a problem since.

It appears the fault occurs at the same location and is linked to the car losing connection to the internet.

Studen

Hi Studen,

Was that updated software on the SOS module or infotainment?

Thank you
I’m really not sure - all i know is that my dealer on threat of returning the car contacted VW technical who provided a software patch that cured the problem. The problem occurred for me when driving through internet black spots loosing connection was triggering the waning light. At my last service the cars software was completely updated which I agreed to with some apprehension as I didn’t want the problem to come back. I was told that the update in part was to correct this problem which was common across the VW range.

Reactions: I-A