GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel Pump or Fuel Pump Control Module?

b3d012

My car is having problems starting up taking a couple cranks and holding the gas pedal down in order to get it to start,
It drives normally once it is up to temperature i guess till i reach my destination, once the car is turned off it cannot be restarted, i have to wait a good 40 minutes to crank it for it to start up. (A huge pain in the ass waiting 40 minutes between each stop)
This happened to me last year and i ended up replacing the fuel pump which seemed to fix the issue completely, just for it to happen again a year later. I was just about to go replace the fuel pump again only to see some forum posts about this potentially being a fuel pump control module issue due to the fact it needs to cool down before i can start it.

Should i change my fuel pump against or could this be the fuel pump control module. Note, i visually checked it earlier while the car's cold and it seemed completely normal not melted or anything. Also i live in a remote area so it's difficult to take the car to a mechanic i usually have to do all the fixes myself DIY.

Any way of diagnosing exactly where the problem is coming from? could it possibly be the Fuel Control Module or should i just wing it and order a new fuel pump like i did last year?

king1138

Go Kart Champion
That sounds to me more like an issue with the Fuel Pump Control Module. Do you have access to fuel pressure testing equipment? Doing a fuel pressure test should be able to help you narrow it down to one or the other. But, if you're not able to test it, I would start with the module since the pump is fairly new.