GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

golf 1.2 tsi

rk11

Hi, im new to the forum and am going to buy a new golf 1.2 tsi in either 85bhp or 105bhp.
was wondering if this size engine is big enough to power a car the size of the golf and which bhp to choose? i mainly do city driving.
i used to own a golf 1.4 back in 2001 i think it was. also ive been told that the tsi engine is troublesome and once the golf is out of its 2 year warranty they start to have problems.
Thanks

batezy84

105 bhp

Hi, im new to the forum and am going to buy a new golf 1.2 tsi in either 85bhp or 105bhp.
was wondering if this size engine is big enough to power a car the size of the golf and which bhp to choose? i mainly do city driving.
i used to own a golf 1.4 back in 2001 i think it was. also ive been told that the tsi engine is troublesome and once the golf is out of its 2 year warranty they start to have problems.
Thanks

what the issue is with the engine is the behaviour of drivers when the engine is cold. On a cold start if you over rev it for the first 3 mins the injectors do fail, and they are hard to get back in sync. this is the only bug-bear however this only occurs in engines that are GT upwards (TSI 160 etc).

For city driving go with the 105bhp as this will get you out of a sticky situation if you accidently pull out :happyanim: