GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI S base model IQ headlight upgrade

taeboy84

Hey guys - I'm based in USA and i just got GTI S. I'm interested in upgrading my headlights to IQ headlights from the higher trim. Is this an easy upgrade just plug and play?

taeboy84

Hey guys - I'm based in USA and i just got GTI S. I'm interested in upgrading my headlights to IQ headlights from the higher trim. Is this an easy upgrade just plug and play?
Also interested in finding out if European headlights are better?

Mk8-pilot

Does the SE comes standard with this ? Or only autobahn and up ?

tos

Go Kart Champion
Light power is higher on IQ lights and their functionality is very good.

They need front assist camera and calibration every time when have to touch the lights...
I don't know about retrofit...

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:

shiva187

I am also interested if upgrading from 22 MK8 GTI S reflector headlight to projectors is possible does any one know?

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
All 2023 MK8's have IQ (matrix) projector lighting. Euro IQ lighting is different and not US legal. For the Autobahn you can code the Euro IQ lighting scheme for sure. Maybe on the SE too, but not on the S or 40th AE since they have a different head unit. There are guys who have enabled EURO IQ lighting, but it's not US legal if you care about such things.