GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake/Tune

GolfingMK6

Ready to race!
Ive read a lot of different opinions. Some say when you put an intake on, you won't get its full potential without a tune. Others have said they're happy just putting it on and hitting the road. Whats the deal? :iono:

allset

Go Kart Champion
u will get some benefit from a good quality intake with a stock engine. That intake will support any tune u get. Its almost a must for Stage1 and a def for 2, k04,3.

added to a stock engine u will get a nice whoosh sound and perhaps better tip in response and maybe 5 hp, If ur going for a tune later get an intake now.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
You will get the benefit from an intake without a tune. The stock airbox is very restrictive.

GolfingMK6

Ready to race!
You will get the benefit from an intake without a tune. The stock airbox is very restrictive.

I know it'll be an improvement. I've just seen some people say that a tune is the right away to go about it. Some say it didn't matter. Appreciate the input.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
u will get some benefit from a good quality intake with a stock engine. That intake will support any tune u get. Its almost a must for Stage1 and a def for 2, k04,3.

added to a stock engine u will get a nice whoosh sound and perhaps better tip in response and maybe 5 hp, If ur going for a tune later get an intake now.

I think you're talking about a 2.0L TSI and not the 2.5L 5-cyl...but nonetheless, you will hear and feel gains with an intake. Your engine will sound more distinct and you'll pick up a few ponies.

jaja123

Ready to race!
There was quite a difference power and sound wise when I installed my carbonio. Average gains are 8hp. Apr's claim of 14 was just their max gain.

P

plac

worse tip in response for me, to each his own.