GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intercooler performance

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Why would I develop a product line & help build a platform if I didn’t see the need?

When I developed my FMIC the only two on the market were CTS & Neuspeed (both of which were 25% smaller & included silicone hose rather than proper charge pipes).

Of course I’m in favor of something I’ve poured thousands of hours and tens of thousands of dollars into making happen. To date I still haven’t come close to even breaking even. I do this because I’m passionate about it so yeah I’m proud of it & recommend my parts.
Never said that was a bad thing.

I was pointing out it's a bit of an obvious answer when you ask the guy who sell intercoolers for the platform which intercooler he would recommend. I wouldn't buy from a business who recommends a competitors product over their own. How could anyone believe in a product if the people creating it didn't?

Gustavovon

Only reason to even list five would be to cover different HP goals or budget. No particular order, because I’m recommending each based on a reason.

-If you’re flat broke, but have unlimited time & some DIY know how the EBay direct replacement seems to be the best budget option.

-If you’ve got unlimited budget & plan to make 600+whp DBV2 FMIC & replacement crash bar.

-If your goal is 500-550whp my larger option, Baun Performance V2 FMIC. This covers the Hybrid turbos & full frame turbos with MPI & LPFP upgrades.

-Last, but definitely not least would be the two that cover the needs of anyone who’s neither flat broke nor going for broke & planning to make more 450+whp (aka these two cover everyone stock up to 450whp, because that’s the practical ceiling for performance on both of these units).

Baun Performance V1 FMIC or Do88 Direct Replacement.
Thanks a lot, jake!