GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Latest sofware update golf 8( 2023)

cp100

Bought Golf 8 in july 2020, had nothing but fault spent most of first 6 months back and forward to garage, finally after steering wheel replacement it settled down but still had issues with sat nav rebooting and radio not connecting and various faults pinging up, just been in for its annual service and first Mot, they said needed a large update that would take all day, took car to garage only to get a call at 3pm saying my car now was undrivable as software update had crashed and caused everything to stop working , car wont even start and the issuses it has cause mean the car now needs new parts something to do with sofware i am guessing its the chip that runs everything. but it gets worse none available in uk or Germany , so dont know when i will get my car back , best case few weeks. I will never buy another golf i wish i had just rejected it at the begining.

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
I guess the update crashed and bricked the system. It can happen. I had my Infotainment Unit replaced due to random reboots, it took like 5 months I think to receive it.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
It took 3 weeks for the replacement infotainment unit to arrive. Still waiting for the replacement steering wheel.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
So it wasn't the infotainment unit that they said they had swapped but they corrected themselves and it was the infotainment screen. Also got the new steering wheel installed. Still have the reboots every now and then and reverse camera still flickering also. I also got the aircon control unit swapped and I now have problems/missing settings which were gone when I had the 91CU recall done. This would mean that I have the older software in the aircon control unit.

cp100

Yes they have given me a coutertesy car, but i just want my own back as i am probably going to part exchange it for something else, definately wont be buying another VW though.