GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Light rail train, bus crash near downtown LA

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
15 Injured When Metro Blue Line Train, Bus Collide
LOS ANGELES Fifteen people were injured Friday when a Metro train with about 240 passengers aboard collided with an out-of-service Metro bus near downtown Los Angeles, a fire official said.

The accident was reported at 6:17 a.m. near Washington Boulevard and Griffith Avenue, said Brian Humphrey of the Los Angeles Fire Department.

The Blue Line train was headed to Long Beach when it collided with the southbound Metro bus, which was empty except for a mechanic who was taking it for a test run. He was not injured, authorities said.

The front car of the six-car train derailed, said d'Lisa Davies of the city fire department.

There were 230-250 passengers aboard the train, said Metro spokesman Jose Ubaldo, who described the 15 injuries as "minor."

The cause of the crash was under investigation.

A "bus bridge" carried rail passengers between the San Pedro and Long Beach Boulevard stations while the track was cleared, Ubaldo said.

The track was reopened and service was back to normal at 9:10 a.m., Ubaldo said.

The crash occurred as commuters are still jittery from last Friday's deadly Metrolink crash in which 25 people were killed when the train bound for Ventura County collided with a freight train near Chatsworth.

Pretty scary stuff. Luckily, no major injuries.

Also, stock shot of the street:

Attachments

• washington and griffith.JPG
    washington and griffith.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 513

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
i was thinking, how come this looks so familiar, and then i realized that i used to work about half a mile from this location. :yikes:

All these things happen in areas you've been in. I think I'm a bit paranoid walking into work now. I might get eaten by a cow or something.