GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mercedes McLaren SLR 722 Edition

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble-gum... And I'm all outta gum... :evil:

A continuing tradition: the new model variant SLR "722 Edition" is a homage by Mercedes-Benz to the unforgettable victory won by the British racing legend Stirling Moss and his co-driver Denis Jenkinson in a Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR with the starting number 722 (indicating a start time of 7.22 a.m.) at the Mille Miglia in 1955. With an output of 478 kW/650 hp and a corresponding performance, the new super sports car, which goes on sale on July 11, will not only make the hearts of car enthusiasts beat faster.

The supercharged 5.5-litre V8 engine in the "722 Edition", which is hand-built in the AMG engine shop in Affalterbach, generates 478 kW/650 hp. The particular strengths of this high-performance engine are immediate response to movements of the accelerator, highly emphatic torque build-up and an unmistakable V8 sound. The performance figures are outstanding even for a high-end sports car: the "722 Edition" accelerates from standstill to 100 km/h in only 3.6 seconds, and 200 km/h is reached in just 10.2 seconds. The maximum speed (337 km/h) is above the 334 km/h previously achieved by the SLR.

More pics and story...
http://www.worldcarfans.com/ne...ealed

Normally I can't stand M-B's.... But this thing just looks like it wants to kick your arse like Chuck Norris...

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
It know it's a good car and all. But I think the hood and sides are a little too flashy. It could lose a few of those "nifty" little curves if you ask me (a little over the edge).

tmrakip

Dog is my co-pilot
scuderiavw said:
that is one badass sports car, but i still favor something else for that money

Me too, especially something with a prancing horse on the front :evil:

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Good Lord...as if the SLR wasn't already enough. I don't really like MB's, but I think I could make an exception on this one. Probably gonna be about a million bucks or so too.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
I love the looks of the SLR but if I was going to spend that much $ I'd want the Zonda.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
scuderiavw said:
that is one badass sports car, but i still favor something else for that money

yeah like a house with a swimming pool