GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk 8 GTE RANGE > always 25 miles max.

chazzamate

Evening all,
I have a question that needs fellow owners. I bought a 2021 GTE last week with 21k miles. When i charge the car the maximum electric range is always 25 miles and it actually seems to do less than that before being 1% battery, i appeciate that was quoted for mk7.5 gte but is this normal for the 13kwh battery as I read it should be 38 miles

Would appreciate other peoples experiences.

AndyCYM

Passed Driver's Ed
Evening all,
I have a question that needs fellow owners. I bought a 2021 GTE last week with 21k miles. When i charge the car the maximum electric range is always 25 miles and it actually seems to do less than that before being 1% battery, i appeciate that was quoted for mk7.5 gte but is this normal for the 13kwh battery as I read it should be 38 miles

Would appreciate other peoples experiences.
I've run a Style eHybrid for 18,000 miles, same electrics as GTE. Typical battery only range is between 17-22 miles.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I can do around around 50 to 53Km in the summer while 44-47 km during the winter on a full charge with my Golf eHybrid. It all depends on your driving style, speed, roads and weather.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I have a 2020 GTE. Air temperature, speed and hills make a big difference to range. Recently I did a 36 mile round trip. The engine cut in 2 miles from home. Air temperature was in excess of 21C, there were a few minor hills and annoyingly too many speed limits to give it the beans. In winter it would have done 28 miles, maybe less.