GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK8 GTE - Heated steering randomly on

chasb73

So frustrating

I’ve turned it off in settings and yet it randomly comes on when I start the car

Anyone experiencing this too?

Attachments

• 2DF918C2-1BA4-4AD8-B671-4CCA6F1CAC92.jpeg
    2DF918C2-1BA4-4AD8-B671-4CCA6F1CAC92.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 147

Gtedriver

I have had experience of this as well. I also had my heated seats coming on as well. Dealer carried out a tweak so that wheel/seat would not come on automatically when the weather was cold. Not occurred since the tweak. Car does have numerous other issues, eg random external lights warning light coming on with no apparent light fault, dealer is trying to resolve.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
So frustrating

I’ve turned it off in settings and yet it randomly comes on when I start the car

Anyone experiencing this too?
Best way to turn off heated steering wheel completely is to tap the steering wheel button on the right of the steering wheel until ‘off’ appears in the display, don’t let go but hold until the window goes away. Takes just a few seconds.

Gtedriver

Yep agree. However with my car this did not work. I was advised that there was some automatic setting whereby if the outside temp dropped below some figure heated wheel and seat would come on. This would occur at every switch on, and I carried out the process indicated by @Maturedriver to no avail. Dealer did some adjustment and fault appears to be cleared.

chasb73

Best way to turn off heated steering wheel completely is to tap the steering wheel button on the right of the steering wheel until ‘off’ appears in the display, don’t let go but hold until the window goes away. Takes just a few seconds.
Yep, I know how to turn it off myself but it’s annoying it still comes on even though I’ve turned that off in settings!

chasb73

Yep agree. However with my car this did not work. I was advised that there was some automatic setting whereby if the outside temp dropped below some figure heated wheel and seat would come on. This would occur at every switch on, and I carried out the process indicated by @Maturedriver to no avail. Dealer did some adjustment and fault appears to be cleared.
Thanks for this info 🙂

tos

Go Kart Champion
In my golf (1803) system forgets air condition settings, like automatic seat heating or steering wheel heating.
If i turn seat heating on, it forgets it in couple days.

It forget also automatic blower settings (soft, normal or intensive)...

There is update, but dealer will not install it...
I have now climatronic version 3130, new 3440

TPI 2060861/6 (last number will updated when they get new info)

T-bro

Passed Driver's Ed
In my golf (1803) system forgets air condition settings, like automatic seat heating or steering wheel heating.
If i turn seat heating on, it forgets it in couple days.

It forget also automatic blower settings (soft, normal or intensive)...

There is update, but dealer will not install it...
I have now climatronic version 3130, new 3440

TPI 2060861/6 (last number will updated when they get new info)
How can I check climatronic version?

Pinocchio

Passed Driver's Ed
From the climate screen, press the star shaped icon top right,you will get to a menu that says seat heating and steering wheel heating. Turn these on or off depending on how you want them to operate.
IMG_0338.jpg
IMG_0339.jpg

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Hi. My air conditioning control unit was swapped because of the error Electric drive fault. The problem is now I have the Climate menu options from before the 91CU recall , the Max a/c button is gone, I can't deselect the right side of the heated seat anymore so every time I activate the aircon function with weconnect I get the heated seat and wheel working and the heated steering wheel dropdown menu is gone. I need a favour if anyone can help: I would need a photo of the aircon setting menu with the heated seats/wheel settings dropdown menu please, Thanks.
Here is the older menu air-con settings I have now:
tempImageetQuf3.png