GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Modifying MK8 Digital Dash cluster on R-Line

KenyanMoe

Hello all,

I'm hoping to buy an R-Line Golf MK8 later in the year, I've seen online that it's possible to get an R Line's Golf digital dash, to display the same information clusters like that on a GTI or Golf R. Does anyone know of any retailers in the UK, preferably around London who can perform this upgrade ?

As for me, that would make the car perfect if I can have the GTI or R type information clusters in the dash. The ones that come on your standard Golf are a bit boring, and not customisable enough for a man like myself.

j3bnl

Hello all,

I'm hoping to buy an R-Line Golf MK8 later in the year, I've seen online that it's possible to get an R Line's Golf digital dash, to display the same information clusters like that on a GTI or Golf R. Does anyone know of any retailers in the UK, preferably around London who can perform this upgrade ?

As for me, that would make the car perfect if I can have the GTI or R type information clusters in the dash. The ones that come on your standard Golf are a bit boring, and not customisable enough for a man like myself.
Did this very thing this morning on our Golf 8 R Line with an OBDeleven as already stated above.
Pics attached of the R one and another I installed.

Attachments

• Golf Dash 1.jpg
    Golf Dash 1.jpg
    852.7 KB · Views: 302
  • Golf Dash 3.jpg
    Golf Dash 3.jpg
    868.6 KB · Views: 286
  • Golf Dash 5.jpg
    Golf Dash 5.jpg
    872.4 KB · Views: 311
  • Golf Dash 2.jpg
    Golf Dash 2.jpg
    839.6 KB · Views: 315
  • Golf Dash 4.jpg
    Golf Dash 4.jpg
    869.1 KB · Views: 317
  • Golf Dash 6.jpg
    Golf Dash 6.jpg
    835 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:

KenyanMoe

Did this very thing this morning on our Golf 8 R Line with an OBDeleven as already stated above.
Pics attached of the R one and another I installed.
Did you have to do any long coding or was it already available via apps feature ? Also how many credits was it ? Has it also had any effect on the performance of the digital dash, i.e. laggy ?

suspiciouspackage

Ready to race!
I did mine through VCDS. Changing the R logo is separate from having the Golf R panel. It doesn't affect performance of the dash. Only thing is that now you'll have one more view to cycle through.

KenyanMoe

I did mine through VCDS. Changing the R logo is separate from having the Golf R panel. It doesn't affect performance of the dash. Only thing is that now you'll have one more view to cycle through.
I don't have a laptop, so for me it's looking the OBD Eleven will be the way to go. I'll be recieving my MK8 Golf R-Line on Friday, and by next pay day I hope to by the device. I've never done any such thing to a car before, but yeah it seems simple enough.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
For anyone who may not be aware, a long press on the VIEW button completely removes the two outer parts of the cluster, so in map mode for example it will then show the full map in all of its glory, to revert back, press and hold the VIEW button again.

suspiciouspackage

Ready to race!
I don't have a laptop, so for me it's looking the OBD Eleven will be the way to go. I'll be recieving my MK8 Golf R-Line on Friday, and by next pay day I hope to by the device. I've never done any such thing to a car before, but yeah it seems simple enough.
OBDEleven has a more user-friendly UI. I would do it on there too. VCDS can get confusing especially since a lot of the modules in there are in German. I imagine on mk7 and older, it's nicer looking. Plus OBDEleven has that way to bypass SFD for a little while. VCDS can't.