GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mothballs in the gas tank

bovice

Banned
tell him that if you put sand in the intake, you get better gas milage. see what he does, and report back here.

Marky-Mark007

Stig's American Brother
Wow are you joking? I used to put 16.3mm pieces mixed with 8 mothball halves, and 6 apple slices I was losing about 15mpg, thanks for clearing it up now

Yep! You wouldn't have lost that many mpg's without the apples. Apples are only good if you dice them and replace with fresh chunks daily.

BossDuB27

Illuminati
Yep! You wouldn't have lost that many mpg's without the apples. Apples are only good if you dice them and replace with fresh chunks daily.

yeah my apples were starting to turn brown :yikes: is there any other fruit I could substitute so I dont have to use apples? dragon fruit maybe?

Marky-Mark007

Stig's American Brother
yeah my apples were starting to turn brown :yikes: is there any other fruit I could substitute so I dont have to use apples? dragon fruit maybe?

Dragon fruit only works in naturally aspirated engines, so if you had an .:R or rabbit then that would work. The best fruit I've seen so far is apples, but if you don't want that much maintenance add a bit of orange juice to your tank when you fill up (one orange squeezed thoroughly should do the trick), or use sliced kiwis. They'll last about a week or two and only have a few hp drop from apples. You also get a 1-2mpg drop from apples with kiwis.:frown:

dorn101

Jai Guru Deva Om
I remember in high school someone actually put breath mints in their gas tank, he was an idiot.

nayfen

TDI NINJA
is there any other fruit I could substitute so I dont have to use apples? dragon fruit maybe?

apples give the best bang for your buck! dragon fruit are a little more excotic/tropical and therefore will null the benifits of your mpg's

also DO NOT USE asparagus or pineapples it will make your exhaust smell funny

Marky-Mark007

Stig's American Brother
also DO NOT USE asparagus or pineapples it will make your exhaust smell funny

I agree. Asparagus also makes your exhaust green if you have a catless dp. If you only have vegatables available I recommend lettuce. Its light enough not to affect your exhaust, but has a little bit of kick to it. If you really want power stick with fruit.

BossDuB27

Illuminati
I agree. Asparagus also makes your exhaust green if you have a catless dp. If you only have vegatables available I recommend lettuce. Its light enough not to affect your exhaust, but has a little bit of kick to it. If you really want power stick with fruit.

I've thought of everything from broccoli, watermelon, cantelope, cough drops and chicken nuggets...but like you said apples seem to be the most effective even though its gonna be a pain in the butt getting freshly diced apples daily im sure itll pay off

Marky-Mark007

Stig's American Brother
I've thought of everything from broccoli, watermelon, cantelope, cough drops and chicken nuggets...but like you said apples seem to be the most effective even though its gonna be a pain in the butt getting freshly diced apples daily im sure itll pay off

It will. But I could remind you of the silver pieces. Those are what truly works best, especially when paired with a bt kit.

nayfen

TDI NINJA
its gonna be a pain in the butt getting freshly diced apples daily im sure itll pay off

be careful of fakes. there are some crazy people selling "juiced" apples on the black market. beware that these are high grade and your car might get hooked. keep your car away from dark alleys were it has been said that these low lifes are shooting up 100% apple juice direct into the fuel lines.

Marky-Mark007

Stig's American Brother
be careful of fakes. there are some crazy people selling "juiced" apples on the black market. beware that these are high grade and your car might get hooked. keep your car away from dark alleys were it has been said that these low lifes are shooting up 100% apple juice direct into the fuel lines.

x134353750475606076000000
NEVER put apple juice directly into the fuel lines. Its basically like putting 600 octane in there and your engine will never go back. It gets addicted.

Be safe when putting fruit into the engine!!! Be smart!!!!

BossDuB27

Illuminati
So you guys are saying the other night the nice gentleman who came up to me and my car in a dark alley wasnt actually a whole apple importer? Wow that was a close call! I was kind of puzzled when he said he'll put the "stuff" into the car to save me the trouble and that my car will never go back to what it was......

Marky-Mark007

Stig's American Brother
So you guys are saying the other night the nice gentleman who came up to me and my car in a dark alley wasnt actually a whole apple importer? Wow that was a close call! I was kind of puzzled when he said he'll put the "stuff" into the car to save me the trouble and that my car will never go back to what it was......

Nope, your lucky that you didn't end up going for that. But hey, now you know.