GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

move from WE CONNECT app to VOLKSWAGEN app

marcog1956

Hi all, excuse me if i repeat my question in english (i wrote it in italian a couple of days ago),
but someone can explain me how move from the WE CONNECT app to the new VOLKSWAGEN app?
I used until now the old WE CONNECT app, with my car registered etc, but i installed new VOLKSWAGEN app,
using my old credentials.
The issue is that, at the last step of installation/setup of the VOLKSWAGEN app,
it asks me to set me as "main user", using my two keys and operating on the car control panel.
I remember that an operation of this kind was made after i got the car, during the setup of
WE CONNECT app.
Must i repeat exactly the same operation?
Please, may you tell me the exact detail of the operation steps with the two keys? (i do not
remember them).
Has anyone had the same issue?
In the attachment there is the app snapshot.

Thanks in advance

Marco G

Attachments

• app volkswagen.jpg
    app volkswagen.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 19

electroasd

Hello there!

I got my car before 1 month. I had already We Connect on another car I am having. I got the notification that the app will change, so I used directly for the new car VW Application. In the instruction said that The main Driver can be set with 2 ways. One with the Key and one other, I cannot recall the exact steps. I followed the steps with the keys. When the procedure finished, I saw the car also to We Connect app. But since this will be terminated, no need to do anything to the old app.

If you need any specific help , please ask, but using 2 keys is very straight forward procedure.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Simply logging into the new APP using the same log in details as you used with the old APP, should be all you need to do.

marcog1956

SOLVED: the problem was that the main user of the car was still the car dealer userid. On the control panel i have set my userid as main user (USERS >> MY USERID >> SET AS MAIN USER, with both the car two keys - hitting the unlock button), and it worked. The VOLKSWAGEN app synchronized automatically. Many thanks again!!