GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New S3

bilbos

On the Kop
Spotted this piece of news on another car forum that I subscribe to.

I hope that they bring the 3-door S3 to the US. Please.......

Audi Range Expansion
The Q5 is due to arrive in the UK in 2008, the A5 Coupé in 2007 and the new S3 will launch in the second half of 2006

With the covers barely off the much anticipated Audi Q7 SUV and the iconic Audi TT Coupé, Prof. Dr. Martin Winterkorn, Chairman of the Board of Management has now announced three more new Audi products to further enhance the Audi Range.

The new Audi Q5 - a medium sized SUV - will be built in Germany. The all new model will commence production at Ingolstadt in 2008. Around 300 million Euros will be invested in the production facilities over the next few years.

Prof. Dr. Winterkorn explained: "We are delighted that the Audi Q5 will be built in Ingolstadt." A total of some 1,700 workers will be involved in the production of the Audi Q5 in the principal Audi factory in Bavaria.

The Audi Q5 will join the Audi Q7 as the Audi brand's second model in the sport utility vehicle (SUV) segment. "The Audi Q5 will be an overtly sporty vehicle that will add an important product to the Audi model range. The Audi Q5 will take us a big step closer to vehicle sales of 1.4 million per year, a target that we have set ourselves for 2015." continued Winterkorn.

On May 17 at the Annual General Meeting of Audi AG, Prof. Dr. Winterkorn announced a brace of new models including the new Audi S3, a three-door model with a sporty engine which will be hitting showrooms in the second half of 2006.

The S3 three-door will be in dealers showrooms in the latter half of 2006.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Damnit, Oh well not like I could have afforded an S3 3 door anyway. I guess once I get rid of the GTI, I got something to look forward to.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
You will never see it on our shores!

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Good, thanks for making me feel better about myself, haha. The last Gen A3 made it to Mexico in a 3 door. After seeing how well the GTI is apparently selling I wouldn't completely rule it out. I'd definetly have mixed emotions if it did make it though.