GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil level sensor

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
I posted a message some time back asking about the warning I was getting for engine oil level. Car was serviced this week and was informed the oil level sensor is faulty and will be replaced under warranty. This is a surprise to me that I have to wait until almost Christmas to have the work done, is this unusual or what? I had the same fault last year and the previous VW dealer fixed it or at least cancelled the warning within a week. Is there any way to cancel the warning message and accompanying sound, hate to have to see and listen to that every time I start the engine for the next eight weeks!
Thanks for any replies

P.S. got the 1941 software update with the service - what should I expect from it (the rebooting I had experienced hadn't occurred for weeks) The only visual change I can see (bar map updates etc) are some of the radio station logs have been updated.

P.P.S. has anyone got experience of repairing windscreen scuff marks from a stone impact, can just about feel it with my fingernail.

System Info 1.jpgSystem Info 2.jpg

Chriz1

Passed Driver's Ed
If you've just had a service check carefully the oil level. I bet its been overfilled.
I've had this now on a golf and a3 after about 20 mins of driving the error pops up. Both times it turned out the oil was overfilled I think about 300ml. I sucked some out and hey presto the warning hasn't returned.
Try it

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
If you've just had a service check carefully the oil level. I bet its been overfilled.
I've had this now on a golf and a3 after about 20 mins of driving the error pops up. Both times it turned out the oil was overfilled I think about 300ml. I sucked some out and hey presto the warning hasn't returned.
Try it
Thanks, the high oil level warning appeared about three weeks ago, so unless it was drained and overfilled! - I'll dip the engine when cold and report back

Update on the last comment, checked the oil level and it's fine - at the 3/4 mark on the dipstick, it would be very poor servicing if it was overfilled! Having to wait two months for a new sensor :mad:

Last edited: