GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question/help with 282mm rear pads and caliper carrier swap

Yai

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

I ordered a set of Endless MX82 pads for 2012 MK6 TDI/GTI. Fronts weren’t an issue, but when I got to the rears, the pads weren’t the same for my 2012 TDI. I found out, pads are for 282mm rear disc, in which The 2010 GTI and MkV GTI/GLI had them. I checked the pads, and they look more like the Pre 2011 GTI Rear pads.

I found a used set of caliper carriers from 2007 GLI, and was wondering if my rear caliper (276mm disc) will bolt on to the MKV carrier, so I can use the endless pads? Or, do I need to change the calipers as well? I was thinking, if I just replace the carrier and rotor, I’d be good to go...

Thanks

Ron

Yai

Passed Driver's Ed
For anyone looking to do this, you just need the caliper brackets for the rear. The bosch caliper just barely clears the TRW caliper bracket! I have the endless front and rear pads, and they bite hard. No more spongey feel, and I really cannot believe they difference a real good pad, makes! Super happy with the pads, and night and day difference from the Brembo pads.

I will be upgrading the front rotors, to 312mm as waiting for the calipers to get powder coated. And should have them back in a few weeks. Curious to see if any further noticeable braking improvement when moving from 288mm to 312mm.

I also thought I would try the Tyrol sport brake stiffening kit, but don’t think I’ll need to now, as the brakes don’t feel anywhere near as spongy as previous pads(even with brake fluid flush).

Cheers,

BigBurt

Hello Yai, I know you posted this a long long time ago but thought I would still ask. Can you confirm you were using the endless mx72 pads? (You posted mx82) if so do you still rate these pads highly? I just bought Brembo HP2000 pads but I’m thinking I should rather just get the endless MX72 (been on my mind) it’s just they are double the price

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Hello Yai, I know you posted this a long long time ago but thought I would still ask. Can you confirm you were using the endless mx72 pads? (You posted mx82) if so do you still rate these pads highly? I just bought Brembo HP2000 pads but I’m thinking I should rather just get the endless MX72 (been on my mind) it’s just they are double the price
I ran mx72 pads on my mkv gti stock calipers. There is a thread on mkv forum for several members we’re trying to get most out of stock brakes for street use. Mx72 is about as good as you can get, you will love them. Also move up to brake fluid that can handle higher temps.

Mx72 pads
Tyrol stiff kit
SS brake lines
Castro SRF brk fluid

https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/index.php?threads/ultimate-brake-upgrade-using-stock-calipers.160406/