GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear traffic alert error and manoeuvre breaking currently unavailable.

Lewb

Does anyone know what causes the error for Rear traffic alert and manoeuvre breaking unavailable?

I have done some testing and If I start the car by pressing the start button first and then press it again while also pressing the clutch to turn on the engine I never get this error but if I get in the car and start the car with the clutch pressed straight away I get these errors 50% of the time.

To get rid of the error I just turn the engine off and back on and it goes.

With the errors showing on the dash none of the sensors work and when you go in to reverse it doesn't show the top down picture of the car on the middle screen.

Does anyone know what causes this and why it only seems to appear when you turn the car and engine on at the same time?

oddfuture

I have the exact same issue. For me it happens 100% of the time if I let the car sit for a few days (2 days or longer).
Then, exactly as you described it, pressing clutch pedal and pressing start button, starting the engine and the fault pops up after a few seconds. For me it also says "parking sensors unavailable".
No sensors available, re-starting the engine "fixes" it. The warning message never disappears until i restart it.

I've never had these errors either when first turning on ignition, waiting a few seconds and then starting the engine.
I wonder if there is some fault code that appears. I'll try to have my Obdeleven ready when it happens the next time.

My car is a 2020 1.5 TSI manual transmission. 1896 version of infotainment system.

Edit:
Come to think of it, I also got a random airbag fault message a few days ago on start-up. But that one disappeared after a few seconds with engine running. Maybe it's related...

Last edited:

Lewb

I have the exact same issue. For me it happens 100% of the time if I let the car sit for a few days (2 days or longer).
Then, exactly as you described it, pressing clutch pedal and pressing start button, starting the engine and the fault pops up after a few seconds. For me it also says "parking sensors unavailable".
No sensors available, re-starting the engine "fixes" it. The warning message never disappears until i restart it.

I've never had these errors either when first turning on ignition, waiting a few seconds and then starting the engine.
I wonder if there is some fault code that appears. I'll try to have my Obdeleven ready when it happens the next time.

My car is a 2020 1.5 TSI manual transmission. 1896 version of infotainment system.

Edit:
Come to think of it, I also got a random airbag fault message a few days ago on start-up. But that one disappeared after a few seconds with engine running. Maybe it's related...
I have the same model as you then.

Has it always happened to you?

Have you took it back to VW?

oddfuture

I have the same model as you then.

Has it always happened to you?

Have you took it back to VW?

I don't know, I only just noticed it last month when I let the car sit for a few days.

I haven't brought it up to my dealer yet. If it continues to occur I might give them a call...
Right now it's just a mild inconvenience.

Lewb

I don't know, I only just noticed it last month when I let the car sit for a few days.

I haven't brought it up to my dealer yet. If it continues to occur I might give them a call...
Right now it's just a mild inconvenience.

I'm out of the VW warranty now so not sure what to do.

Have you tried to remove the errors with odbeleven? Is that possible?