GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RMS question. Revised OEM, 034 or iAbed?

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Found an oil leak when I got under my Mk8 to install a new dogbone this weekend. It was a very small amount on the under tray, with zero dripping onto the garage floor.

Long story short.....I had a reputable shop install a new clutch along with a Pmax and some other goodies, and since the trans was out, I figured the RMS would be a good idea too. I probably should have given the instruction to only replace, if the OEM RMS was showing signs of wear and tear. But here I am anyway. The iAbed is already leaking after 3000 miles and the shop is offering me a courtesy vehicle and to R&R the RMS. Issam from iAbed has been cc'd on the email chain with the shop doing the work and he has already stated that it could be a faulty seal since they "don't manufacture the seal, only the billet section".

I'm looking for options to minimize the worry about this happening again. I'm leaning towards an OEM replacement, because of course I started researching this subject and found that the iAbed is either very tough to install perfectly, or there is possibly an issue with the design/materials.

Any feedback?

leak.jpg