GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Southeast US Owners - Love Bugs

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Anyone try PAM or other oil product, so they easily remove? I usually wax or a synthetic, but they even stick to them. You can keep soaking them with water if you want to stand there for 15-minutes. I've been dealing with these little devils for years now, and I'm really tired of cleaning them off every time I drive during the two bad months in the spring and fall. For those unfamiliar with the bugs, it's either their body fluid or the female's eggs that are so caustic they severely etch your clearcoat/paint if they're squashed bodies are in contact for any length of time. I know from experience that a day causes irreparable damage. They destroyed the paint on my MK4 grille. Their bodies are so soft that even at low speeds they easily squash upon contact with your car. They fly so slow they're in your path and your car path, and...glop. They're attracted to exhaust fumes and vibration, which is why you will see swarms of them at intersections. They don't bother glass, but that's it. Bras and screens don't help as much as you might think. Their juices get under the nylon screening built into most bras. Even with a bra, I needed to remove it to clean them off every time. They are so caustic that even birds won't eat them. They come out of their larvae stage as winged "beetles" to mate. The males and females literally hook up end to end, then the females lay their eggs.

bbroecker37

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
Here in Tampa, the love bugs are out. They're the worst. Last weekend my car was covered in them after I just washed my car. I was heading to the Urotuning cars and Coffee and I was trying to keep it clean. I used some waterless car wash spray to clean them off but it takes a lot of effort. It's annoying having to clean them off every day. At least they're not out early in the mornings when I drive to work. So I only have to worry about cleaning them off when I get home.