GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TCR performance

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Just got back from my 1st visit to this shop and want to leave a review. It's in Lanoka Harbor NJ. The owners name is Josh. He mostly works on Audis. There were 7 RS3's waiting to be worked on with plates from all over the country. But he does also wrench on VWs. I had a carbon clean on the valves, he cleaned and flow tested my injectors and threw on a TIP I've had in the hatch for almost a year. 😆 Came to $800 On a side note the injector patterns before cleaning were mostly fine (per him) but during the cleaning the fluid coming out was pretty dark. He seemed careful and thorough in his work. Bottom line i would go back again. HTH anyone looking for a shop

95b14

Go Kart Newbie
Would also recommend Josh. He did my clutch a couple of years ago. Having dropped the subframe for the replacement, I made an appointment to get the car aligned a few days later and was impressed that everything was still within spec.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Would also recommend Josh. He did my clutch a couple of years ago. Having dropped the subframe for the replacement, I made an appointment to get the car aligned a few days later and was impressed that everything was still within spec.
He's dropped my subframe a few times. He tells me he's careful about putting it back, but I never believe him. I still get an alignment, but it's never far off. Haha.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Do you guys use anyone specific for your alignments? I don't take my car just anywhere. I'm down in Atlantic shitty

95b14

Go Kart Newbie
Where do you go I’m in the 845 as well
I like Derham in Newburgh. They’re not a performance shop but they do good work with alignments and tire mounting and balancing. The body shop behind them is also really solid in the event you needed any of that work done too.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I wish he had an alignment rack though.

Me too! But in my experience dealers do good alignments since they have the best machines. I took my Treg to an independent (someone many people on here recommend) outside Baltimore, and they literally made my alignment worse. Was barely out of spec before, the after was a full 1.3 degrees out of spec on the toe.

Fortunately for me, the foreman at my local VW dealer daily drives a Touareg himself so I’ve learned to stick with them for maintenance. I actually have a great relationship with them - never thought I’d say that about a dealer. They said they only get a Touareg in once or twice a month - they make sure their foreman is always the one working on it.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Me too! But in my experience dealers do good alignments since they have the best machines. I took my Treg to an independent (someone many people on here recommend) outside Baltimore, and they literally made my alignment worse. Was barely out of spec before, the after was a full 1.3 degrees out of spec on the toe.

Fortunately for me, the foreman at my local VW dealer daily drives a Touareg himself so I’ve learned to stick with them for maintenance. I actually have a great relationship with them - never thought I’d say that about a dealer. They said they only get a Touareg in once or twice a month - they make sure their foreman is always the one working on it.

I've also heard about horror stories from dealer work. Last thing I need is some idiot driving my TD1 wagon in to a wall or something. I like working with guys that let me watch them do the work.