GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

zrickety

The Fixer
Make Regeneron and other monoclonal antibody treatments more readily available. Stop MSM and democrats from fear mongering. Anxiety and fear disorder is the second highest comorbidity risk group behind obesity, yet democrats are doing everything in their power to induce anxiety in the masses. "Warp speed" clinical trials on ivermectin and other drugs.

I don't think anyone ever said we shouldn't do anything. What most people are asking for is a common sense approach that actually follows the science and not the politics.
My local hospital system is BANNING doctors from using any treatment other than immunoglobulin. Even if the medicine has a safer profile than aspirin. All about MONEY.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Everything is always about the money.

This isn't the revelation that it seems. 😐

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
100% of droplets/aerosols spread over a larger area than 50% of droplets/aerosols. It's that easy, folks.

Or in another way of thinking -- 100% of droplets/aerosols in a given area will be more dense with viral load than the same area with 50% of droplets/aerosols.

And if more people would actually start wearing N95s instead of cloth masks, that number would keep dropping. Thankfully where I live, I've noticed a huge uptick in N95/KN95 use over cloth.

You made things up in order to make it simple. There's a reason why I asked how effective cloth masks are in stopping aerosols. Droplets and aerosols aren't interchangeable, yet you're trying to apply data about droplets to aerosols. If they only stop 50% of droplets their ability to stop aerosol is going to be significantly worse. I already posted a video that showed how 6 masks are ineffective at stopping aerosols, so that should tell you a lot right there.

Secondly, since emitting viral load is a continuous act, this means both (masked and unmasked) can emit the same amount, just one may take longer than the other to reach the same density. So, if we go by your 50% number, being around someone unmasked for 5 minutes would be equivalent to being around someone masked for 10 minutes. This isn't my idea of extremely effective. Again, not even taking into consideration aerosol which would tank effectiveness even further and by a large degree.

In the end, at best, you're talking a 1-2 minute difference in time it takes to emit the same viral load.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Very, very poor attempt at gas lighting.

Here's what you said. I really don't think it takes Evel Knievel to make an assumption "leap" here.

^^Context: oddspyke saying that wearing masks greatly reduces spread.

Oh so because things have gotten this bad, we should just stop trying? Or am I leaping to conclusions here?
Most people are trying their best with the tools and resources they have.
How much longer will mask mandates be in effect?

anotero

Autocross Champion
100% of droplets/aerosols spread over a larger area than 50% of droplets/aerosols. It's that easy, folks.

Or in another way of thinking -- 100% of droplets/aerosols in a given area will be more dense with viral load than the same area with 50% of droplets/aerosols.

And if more people would actually start wearing N95s instead of cloth masks, that number would keep dropping. Thankfully where I live, I've noticed a huge uptick in N95/KN95 use over cloth.
Not necessarily. They may spread over the same area, but the density per unit area will be different.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Using ineffective medicines on a disease isn't some cost effective solution.

I guess we'll come away with a throughly dewormed conservative base, but that's about it.

coniglio rampante

Autocross Champion
In a world of zero integrity (Congress) Lindsey stands out as somehow having even less than zero integrity.

Such a disingenuous piece of shit.
He is the ultimate follower.

He was Beta-boy to McCain’s Alpha Male, and after McCain’s death, he was lost for a bit until latching on to his next Alpha, President Trump, a person he openly scorned prior to the death of his first Alpha Male.:unsure:

I believe Graham is what the Alt-Right pundits would call a “cuckservative.” He’s always around to lap up whatever political (and likely literal) jism he thinks will gain him favor from his Alpha Male.

torga

Autocross Champion
Not necessarily. They may spread over the same area, but the density per unit area will be different.
To be fair, I did talk about density per unit area right under the sentence you bolded. Though, I guess per unit volume is more accurate, since we're talking about air.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Secondly, since emitting viral load is a continuous act, this means both (masked and unmasked) can emit the same amount, just one may take longer than the other to reach the same density. So, if we go by your 50% number, being around someone unmasked for 5 minutes would be equivalent to being around someone masked for 10 minutes. This isn't my idea of extremely effective. Again, not even taking into consideration aerosol which would tank effectiveness even further and by a large degree.

In the end, at best, you're talking a 1-2 minute difference in time it takes to emit the same viral load.
This is to not understand scale.

When you multiply those minutes by hundreds of thousands or millions the small differences become very large.

torga

Autocross Champion
You made things up in order to make it simple. There's a reason why I asked how effective cloth masks are in stopping aerosols. Droplets and aerosols aren't interchangeable, yet you're trying to apply data about droplets to aerosols. If they only stop 50% of droplets their ability to stop aerosol is going to be significantly worse. I already posted a video that showed how 6 masks are ineffective at stopping aerosols, so that should tell you a lot right there.

Those are a lot of words to still end up saying that masks are more effective than no masks.

All I've been trying to say is that they make a difference. N95 much more so than cloth, but something is still better than nothing.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
someone say white car

1630436001604.png