GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

Corprin

Autocross Champion

LOL don't you ever get tired of making a fool of yourself?

From your very own link:
“(J) DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED OR IMPAIRED.—Any alien who has been convicted of, who admits having committed, or who admits committing acts which constitute the essential elements of an offense for driving while intoxicated or impaired, as those terms are defined under the law of the jurisdiction where the conviction, offense, or acts constituting the essential elements of the offense occurred (including an offense for driving while under the influence of or impaired by alcohol or drugs), without regard to whether the conviction or offense is classified as a misdemeanor or felony under Federal, State, tribal, or local law, is inadmissible.”.

(b) Deportability.—Section 237(a)(2) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1227(a)(2)) is amended by adding at the end the following:
“(G) DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED OR IMPAIRED.—Any alien who has been convicted of an offense for driving while intoxicated or impaired, as those terms are defined under the law of the jurisdiction where the conviction occurred (including a conviction for driving while under the influence of or impaired by alcohol or drugs), without regard to whether the conviction is classified as a misdemeanor or felony under Federal, State, tribal, or local law, is deportable.”.

Still not enough for you?
View attachment 298867
-
View attachment 298869
-
View attachment 298868

Do you know there are more aliens than illegals? So you are saying an alien serving in the armed forces gets a DUI on base, and it’s time to deport?

npace

Autocross Champion
Do you know there are more aliens than illegals? So you are saying an alien serving in the armed forces gets a DUI on base, and it’s time to deport?
No. I get what you're saying, but you're wrong. HR 6976 amends two existing US Codes that define inadmissible and deportable aliens. Your example of the aliens serving in the armed forces is does not fall under those categories. Nice try, though.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
No. I get what you're saying, but you're wrong. HR 6976 amends two existing US Codes that define inadmissible and deportable aliens. Your example of the aliens serving in the armed forces is does not fall under those categories. Nice try, though.

Untrue.

8 USC 1101(a)(3) defines an alien as any person not a citizen or national of the United States.

8 USC 1101(a)(27) defines The classification of “special immigrant” for those alien service members with aggregate 12yrs or more, or with 6yrs and a contract to exceed 12yrs, after application. Prior to this cut-off they are still simply aliens as defined above.

There are no further applicable definitions, therefore as even those under 8 USC 1101(a)(27) are aliens under the law.

I will agree, HR-6976(a) would, upon passing into law, amend 8 USC 1182(a)(2) by adding a new subsection, and as you noted does not apply to alien service members. Unless they can be included in the inadmissible category being stationed/living on foreign soil. Not going to research this because the other amendment is a better fit.

HR-9676(b) would, upon passing into law, amend 8 USC 1227(a)(2) by adding paragraph (G) which states:

“(G) DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED OR IMPAIRED.—Any alien who has been convicted of an offense for driving while intoxicated or impaired, as those terms are defined under the law of the jurisdiction where the conviction occurred (including a conviction for driving while under the influence of or impaired by alcohol or drugs), without regard to whether the conviction is classified as a misdemeanor or felony under Federal, State, tribal, or local law, is deportable.”.

This amended language provides no exclusionary provision within the paragraph, nor the entirety of section 1227, for alien members of the armed forces. With no exclusionary language for a vast number of legal aliens to include alien service members, deportation is in play for even a misdemeanor DUI.

As I first said in this discussion, nowhere does the HR say “illegal aliens” as it does not provide stipulation beyond adding more people to the categories of Inadmissible Aliens (8 USC 1182) and Deportable Aliens (8 USC 1227).

The headlines are rage bait at best. They attempt to gloss over the fact that even “desirable” aliens are subject to in-admission or deportation if HR-6976 were to somehow make it through the Senate, and signed by the President.

Im not saying I disagree with the sentiment of the bill, mostly because I think ALL DUI punishment and laws are weak as fuck in this country. I just question the motivation and foresight of the authors/sponsors/co-sponsors/etc by not providing protections beyond those already addressed elsewhere in 8 USC. The bill doesn’t stand to even a modicum of scrutiny.

Last edited:

npace

Autocross Champion
Untrue.

8 USC 1101(a)(3) defines an alien as any person not a citizen or national of the United States.

8 USC 1101(a)(27) defines The classification of “special immigrant” for those alien service members with aggregate 12yrs or more, or with 6yrs and a contract to exceed 12yrs, after application. Prior to this cut-off they are still simply aliens as defined above.

There are no further applicable definitions, therefore as even those under 8 USC 1101(a)(27) are aliens under the law.

I will agree, HR-6976(a) would, upon passing into law, amend 8 USC 1182(a)(2) by adding a new subsection, and as you noted does not apply to alien service members. Unless they can be included in the inadmissible category being stationed/living on foreign soil. Not going to research this because the other amendment is a better fit.

HR-9676(b) would, upon passing into law, amend 8 USC 1227(a)(2) by adding paragraph (G) which states:

This amended language provides no exclusionary provision within the paragraph, nor the entirety of section 1227, for alien members of the armed forces. With no exclusionary language for a vast number of legal aliens to include alien service members, deportation is in play for even a misdemeanor DUI.

As I first said in this discussion, nowhere does the HR say “illegal aliens” as it does not provide stipulation beyond adding more people to the categories of Inadmissible Aliens (8 USC 1182) and Deportable Aliens (8 USC 1227).

The headlines are rage bait at best. They attempt to gloss over the fact that even “desirable” aliens are subject to in-admission or deportation if HR-6976 were to somehow make it through the Senate, and signed by the President.

Im not saying I disagree with the sentiment of the bill, mostly because I think ALL DUI punishment and laws are weak as fuck in this country. I just question the motivation and foresight of the authors/sponsors/co-sponsors/etc by not providing protections beyond those already addressed elsewhere in 8 USC. The bill doesn’t stand to even a modicum of scrutiny.
Imagine staying up until 1 am reading US Code just to agree with someone. Also, "...is deportable" doesn't mean the same thing as "must be deported". They'll still get a hearing if INS or CPB want to pursue it.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Imagine staying up until 1 am reading US Code just to agree with someone. Also, "...is deportable" doesn't mean the same thing as "must be deported". They'll still get a hearing if INS or CPB want to pursue it.

Meh, it was 12am here, I am normally up, and it was more informative than dash cam videos or vegan CBD gummies. 🤷‍♂️