GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

cb1111

I was punchy when I typed that up. But yes. We need to remember and teach history. I’ve been to the sites of Auschwitz, Dachau, Sobibor and Treblinka. My barracks in Grafenwoehr was a former SS building and still bore the helmet over the Swastika above the door (since torn down) I’ve been to Manzinar and Hart Mountain, the latter with my best friend who’s mainly was interned there. I’ve been to Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I was in Iraq in ‘04 and fought for someone else’s freedoms... and oil. History needs to be tought in its ugliest and rawest form lest we forget it.

We need to strip the monuments to the confederacy, not the history.
When were you in Graf? I was there in the late 70's early 80's (and still have the frostbite to prove it)

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Yeah, you have to look at each symbol and determine what one should do with it. Was it appropriated by an extremist group?

There are often legitimate heroes and decent people on both sides of a war. Rommel is not considered a "Nazi" in Germany and has a military base named after him, while other bases were immediately renamed, this one was named post war.

I would think that 99% of the people never connected the names of US military bases to a person until it was brought up.
Hmmm. I’d say maybe less than 99%. Communities I lived in knew and brought that up. As if America was celebrating a slave owner and such. I think u see it that way because of where u grew up maybe? No offense. It’s just, we all get different forms of america

Corprin

Autocross Champion
When were you in Graf? I was there in the late 70's early 80's (and still have the frostbite to prove it)

‘98, was there for a short while, most of my German tour was at Hohenfels.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
and yes, I never knew the origins of those names.
It’s like the helicopter thing. A lot of native tribes and clans are not ok with the naming scheme

I myself had no idea they were being named after native tribes till later on.

but I assure you. We minorities. We knew. And hated that these bases were named the way the were dude

torga

Autocross Champion
Armed terrorists took over part of Seattle for a month and the media called them heroes.
The 'riot' in DC didn't last 3 hours. They went past a couple barriers, they did not even remotely take over the government.
Alright, Ricky. For someone who makes fun of people for "believing everything they see on the news", you sure fall for the same plate of horseshit.

I live here. Seattle most definitely was not taken over by armed terrorists for a month, not even close. I live just a 25 min walk from where CHOP/CHAZ was.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Alright, Ricky. For someone who makes fun of people for "believing everything they see on the news", you sure fall for the same plate of horseshit.

I live here. Seattle most definitely was not taken over by armed terrorists for a month, not even close. I live just a 25 min walk from where CHOP/CHAZ was.
Seemed like the city gave up the area temporarily while verbal negotiations were happening daily

am I wrong?

Corprin

Autocross Champion

Makes sense why you are so fond of eating from a bag of Dick’s. 😉

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
1610556533788.png

torga

Autocross Champion
Seemed like the city gave up the area temporarily while verbal negotiations were happening daily

am I wrong?
CHOP/CHAZ was very temporarily a couple of blocks around southern Capitol Hill. These are the videos you might remember seeing of people walking in the streets, doing whatever, no cars around. The city then sort of herded them back north to Cal Anderson Park and that was what became "CHOP/CHAZ" for the next few weeks. The media didn't report on that much because they weren't actively rioting, disrupting traffic, and flooding the streets -- this part of the events just wasn't glamorous. The city pushed them into that area so they wouldn't continue blocking the streets. It was less the protestors saying "we're gonna stay here and you can't make us leave" and more the city saying, "well if you're not gonna go home, at least just go hang out in this park while we figure this out".

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
CHOP/CHAZ was very temporarily a couple of blocks around southern Capitol Hill. These are the videos you might remember seeing of people walking in the streets, doing whatever, no cars around. The city then sort of herded them back north to Cal Anderson Park and that was what became "CHOP/CHAZ" for the next few weeks. The media didn't report on that much because they weren't actively rioting, disrupting traffic, and flooding the streets -- this part of the events just wasn't glamorous. The city pushed them into that area so they wouldn't continue blocking the streets. It was less the protestors saying "we're gonna stay here and you can't make us leave" and more the city saying, "well if you're not gonna go home, at least just go hang out in this park while we figure this out".
Thanks for the info. The few times I saw reports on it. It was peaceful looking