GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

anotero

Autocross Champion
The ID requirement is really difficult. Nobody has any of the required documents. In short, you need:

One proof of who you are - passport (US or foreign with visa/green card), military ID card (which is a REAL ID by itself)
Two proofs of where you live - utility bill, bank statement, mail addressed to you, current driver's license with your address etc.
One proof of SSN - SSN card, 1099, W-2, pay stub

Paperwork burden statement - it would take the average forum member at least one minute to find all the required documentation.
You must be pretty inept if you can't gather those documents. Also, you lie: an original or notarized copy of a US birth certificate can be used instead of a passport.

If you can't present all the other documents then maybe being an adult is not something you should consider doing. Ask your mom to help you. ;)

anotero

Autocross Champion
Where do you get apologist from my post you quoted? I don't know what you're talking about with the example you gave. But yes your example is racist.

You purposely take a simple post and twist it to start a pissing contest.
My example stands and it wasn't an apology for anyone.
I remember that time I was called a racist for not hating Trump enough. Also called a red hat kluxer. All of the above under the assumption that I'm white. No, none of those things I was called are racist, of course. Any pseudoantiracist prick will tell you that. It's just that my white privilege doesn't let me see I'm a racist.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Lol @cb1111 are you threatening me now? For not banning someone over a racial slur that you made up that nobodys heard of before?

I promise this will end poorly for you.
Monkey is a pretty well known racial slur. I'm staying out of the rest of this "debate", but he didn't make it up and it's not new. "Porch Monkeys" was the local version that got thrown about in Delaware by the more unsavory types. And they sure as hell knew it was derogatory when they said it.

cb1111

You're kidding, right?

Anyway, you're required to prove residency and eligibility when you register.
Let's see, you have a military ID, right? That's proof of identity. You have a utility bill, rent statement or anything like that? That's your proof of residency. Do you have a W-2, 1099, 1099R or the like? Wait? Did you file taxes? That is an official document with your SSN on it.

That's basically what you need for REAL ID

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Uhhhhhh that's absolutely not the same thing as the other guy was saying. I've literally never heard the term monkey used as a racial slur either. You guys are insane if you think that's the same as the other dude.

Over this side of the pond the term monkey can be used as derogatory in terms of "idiots"...but also it has a huge historical & current usage as a racial slur against coloured people..

In Football (what you call soccer) there is a huge push to clamp down on the derogatory racial chanting of monkey noises, throwing bananas etc at coloured players.

Here is just the first page of Google of hundreds of websites etc on this topic....

monkey chants in football - Google Search

Racism in football: Fines, bans & how it's punished in the sport | Goal.com

anotero

Autocross Champion
Over this side of the pond the term monkey can be used as derogatory in terms of "idiots"...but also it has a huge historical & current usage as a racial slur against coloured people..

In Football (what you call soccer) there is a huge push to clamp down on the derogatory racial chanting of monkey noises, throwing bananas etc at coloured players.

Here is just the first page of Google of hundreds of websites etc on this topic....

monkey chants in football - Google Search

Racism in football: Fines, bans & how it's punished in the sport | Goal.com
Where I'm from 'monkey' is used for people acting like idiots, for people that make retarded faces, and for general dolts. The fact that folks from the good ol' USA are getting a hernia over the word speaks more about how they themselves use the word.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Where I'm from 'monkey' is used for people acting like idiots, for people that make retarded faces, and for general dolts. The fact that folks from the good ol' USA are getting a hernia over the word speaks more about how they themselves use the word.

Like I said it has two meanings over here & in Europe...

Context is key......I certainly would not call a load of idiotic coloured people "monkeys" due to the dual meaning of the word.....a bunch of white idiots yes...

Last edited:

cb1111

Lol @cb1111 are you threatening me now? For not banning someone over a racial slur that you made up that nobodys heard of before?

I promise this will end poorly for you.
What are you talking about. I think you are, quite possibly, the only person on this forum that doesn't recognize that the word "monkey" is a racial slur in the way it was used. I also wasn't the one it was addressed to. I merely provided you links as to why those words - in the way they were used - are extremely offensive.

As far as the "you might get sued" part, that was statement of fact (something for you to think about) and certainly not a threat - although your "promise" could certainly be considered a threat and could be actionable - but - I don't have a dog in this fight and don't care if this site lets racists run wild, but I'd hate to see a good site like this go under for something this stupid.

Cyber Libel: Defamation Law and Examples of Online Defamation | Nolo
Defamatory Social Media Posts - Can I Sue Someone for Bashing Me Online? - HG.org
Internet Comments and The Law - Coral by Vox Media (coralproject.net)

A note to the final article - racist comments are generally protected by the first amendment but there are limits. How would anotero fare if he used that language to somebody's face?

It would be a real kick if you banned me over this, because everything I've said is factual and also protected speech.

As a last note - just because you haven't heard that a word or term is discriminatory or degrading, doesn't make it OK - it just means that YOU haven't recognized it. You'll also note that I suggested that one of the mods tells him to play nice.

Last edited: