GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
yep. Here you go. Gain of Function is widely misunderstood and isn't quite as ominous as it sounds as there are legitimate research reasons.

I'm not aware of anyone outside of the fringe who would argue otherwise. It doesn't have to be something ominous to have a conversation over where this research should be done. If our taxpayer dollars are going into this, should we confine this type of research to our own more scrutinized and secure labs? In general does the benefit outweigh the risk? These are legitimate questions we and the rest of the world can better answer after a real investigation.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
I'm not aware of anyone outside of the fringe who would argue otherwise. It doesn't have to be something ominous to have a conversation over where this research should be done. If our taxpayer dollars are going into this, should we confine this type of research to our own more scrutinized and secure labs? In general does the benefit outweigh the risk? These are legitimate questions we and the rest of the world can better answer after a real investigation.
So do you not know zrick or is he considered the fringe?

zrickety

The Fixer
Anyone defending gain-of-function research is a moron. No good can come of it.
@cb1111 'It's misunderstood. Not as ominous as it sounds'
YES, IT IS.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Exhibit A

Anyone defending gain-of-function research is a moron. No good can come of it.
@cb1111 'It's misunderstood. Not as ominous as it sounds'
YES, IT IS.

zrickety

The Fixer
Did you know there are 11 labs that do this in the US? WHY??? What have they done for us lately?

zrickety

The Fixer

cb1111

Exhibit A
You must be new here. There are some real whack-a-doodles in this thread and zricky is their leader.
You beat me to it.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
I don't know him to comment on his political views and trying to get me to label him is just detracting from the main point.

We should have an investigation, the US or WHO should have access to the Wuhan lab's database of virus sequences (and reviewed by a neutral party), we should know why they took their database offline in September of 2019. With that information, we can then have broader discussions on GOF.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Is it possible it leaked from the lab? Sure. Is it likely? No.

The Wuhan Institute for Virology was studying bat viruses: RaTG13, to be specific. This bat virus is not a direct ancestor of SARS-CoV-2.
The first cases of COVID-19 in humans occurred in two places: linked to a wet market near the Wuhan Institute, and in more distant, rural areas where contact between humans and wild animals are common.
None of the staff at the Wuhan Institute were infected with SARS-CoV-2; they were PCR/antibody negative, which should be disqualifying for the lab leak hypothesis.

I'm all for an investigation, and if the evidence supports it, I'll charge my opinion, but it's disingenuous to think that it's a likely COVID-19 came from the lab in China.

anotero

Autocross Champion
O
Except, that's nonsense. Again, Obama banned and defunded Gain of Function research, Trump authorized and funded it. Because Fauci overseas the governments agency that does the research, it wouldn't make it an indictment of himself. It would be an indictment of Gain of Function research.
Bama bombed Libya and instigated the Syrian civil war, and helped create ISIS. How's that for you, you libtard self hating snowball?

cb1111

Is it possible it leaked from the lab? Sure. Is it likely? No.

The Wuhan Institute for Virology was studying bat viruses: RaTG13, to be specific. This bat virus is not a direct ancestor of SARS-CoV-2.
The first cases of COVID-19 in humans occurred in two places: linked to a wet market near the Wuhan Institute, and in more distant, rural areas where contact between humans and wild animals are common.
None of the staff at the Wuhan Institute were infected with SARS-CoV-2; they were PCR/antibody negative, which should be disqualifying for the lab leak hypothesis.

I'm all for an investigation, and if the evidence supports it, I'll charge my opinion, but it's disingenuous to think that it's a likely COVID-19 came from the lab in China.
Methinks you'll have to change your opinion, but it'll be awhile.