GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It's a sales tax. Read the link I just posted in my last response.

Oh shit, sales taxes are even more regressive. Are you not going to be happy until we're all poor except the 1%?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You obviously didn't read it.

No, you just don't understand what a regressive and progressive tax is and what percentage of GDP a modern county needs to collect in taxes to function.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
We have that here for the poor & low paid..introduced as the "wealth fair state" decades ago.....unfortunately it has encouraged people to have more kids (you get more money)...& we now have several generations of the same family who have never worked & claim ££££ from the state...many know how to play the systems & many have better housing given to them than those people who scrimp & save...also many ex forces who have difficulty readjusting to civilian life end up homeless & on the streets begging...& at the back of the ques for housing whereas immigrants who have contributed bugger all to the UK get given housing etc before the homeless ex forces people...

One recent couple who got caught...

https://www.cps.gov.uk/mersey-chesh...e-their-three-children-jailed-housing-benefit

Then you have the "slappers"..those who have no intention of working & have as many kids as possible to claim more benefits whilst playing "guess who's the daddy" by looking at the children...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/6...-wants-bigger-house-shared-bedroom-unemployed
Same in the states...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
No, you just don't understand what a regressive and progressive tax is and what percentage of GDP a modern county needs to collect in taxes to function.

I understand that I read an entire book about it and I disagree with you and that's where I'll have to leave it because I'm not going to argue about it. You're against it and I'm for it and that's all.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I understand that I read an entire book about it and I disagree with you and that's where I'll have to leave it because I'm not going to argue about it. You're against it and I'm for it and that's all.

You can disagree all you want, but sales taxes ARE regressive, even if you exclude or protect the poorest. The wealthy are the only winners.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Having worked in Navy medicine for 24 years, now utilizing VA health care, and having worked at 3 large health care systems since retiring, I'd say the quality varies in all 3 setting, they all face similar challenges, and all have some unique challenges. Overall though, with just a small amount of homework and self advocacy, you can receive good in any of the systems.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Disagree and obviously you didn't read it because it explains that.

I've read all the conservatives ridiculous plans for oligarchy at one point or another. Same old shit. Defund all the parts of government they don't like by strangling off revenue and drastically lower taxes for the ultra wealthy. Save your BS for some gullible schmuck.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
It's a mixed bag in my opinion. I've had amazing doctors, and i've had shit doctors; though I've had the same on the civilian side. The only issue is sometimes getting transferred to a new doctor in the VA isn't a matter of picking one. My Gen. Med. would be a good example. I have to go through his nurses to get the paperwork or ensure I get the references and referrals I need. Just depends on the issue as well, things that clearly show up on tests/scans and you're generally golden. You start talking bulged disks, or migraines and things get hazy. Though just like the Army, Motrin, water and some Magnesium will fix ya right up though.. hah.

I suppose I sound like the latter, but it just depends on the department in my opinion.

I don’t think you sound like either. The latter are the Facebook warriors that LOVE to bite the hand that feeds them. It’s not like anyone going there hasn’t already lived through the military system. Just put on your bigboy pants and work with them, and it’s easy.

I’m lucky that my PCP has been there for years. At this point he’s a secure message away from referral to speciality care or alterations in my Rx.

Most issue I’ve had is with urology. I had to fight the older dudes for an appointment. When I did get seen they literally said “shit, when was your last meal... because you are having surgery, today”. 28 days of a drug induced haze and three procedures later my right kidney was working again.

but hey, it was free so we cool

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Having worked in Navy medicine for 24 years, now utilizing VA health care, and having worked at 3 large health care systems since retiring, I'd say the quality varies in all 3 setting, they all face similar challenges, and all have some unique challenges. Overall though, with just a small amount of homework and self advocacy, you can receive good in any of the systems.

Had my lower face reconstructed by NH Yokosuka, 10/10 would visit again.

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
I don't know why you think that's funny. Click the link below. It clearly shows that the Fair Tax plan eliminates income tax.

https://fairtax.org/about/how-fairtax-works

How exactly are only the people living luxuriously being taxed? After a yearly spending limit? or are certain brands/products going to be designated? Is it just all products that are not necessities being taxed?

Also, for being progressive; I did not see any mentions of scaling there? Surely its not as simple as 0% or 23% tax?

I could see a few things I like there, but typically I would prefer to trim IRS regulations than completely get rid of them and start a new system from scratch; however much I prefer handing power from the Fed to the State.

I could definitely get behind doing away with income tax and compensating with higher consumption taxes though.. interesting to think about

I guess its harder to get around paying taxes as a wealthy person when it doesn't matter how much you earn but how much you spend. I am all for the rich paying their fair share of taxes; I just don't wanna steal their money and make them pay for everything as a punishment for being wealthy.

People will probably end up doing lots of spending internationally. We already know lots of other countries come to the US with empty suitcases to buy clothing and some electronics and such here because its so much cheaper without the taxes. People from the US would likely just take a trip to Canada or something like that for their luxury shopping.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
How exactly are only the people living luxuriously being taxed? After a yearly spending limit? or are certain brands/products going to be designated? Is it just all products that are not necessities being taxed?

Also, for being progressive; I did not see any mentions of scaling there? Surely its not as simple as 0% or 23% tax?

I could see a few things I like there, but typically I would prefer to trim IRS regulations than completely get rid of them and start a new system from scratch; however much I prefer handing power from the Fed to the State.

I could definitely get behind doing away with income tax and compensating with higher consumption taxes though.. interesting to think about

I guess its harder to get around paying taxes as a wealthy person when it doesn't matter how much you earn but how much you spend. I am all for the rich paying their fair share of taxes; I just don't wanna steal their money and make them pay for everything as a punishment for being wealthy.

People will probably end up doing lots of spending internationally. We already know lots of other countries come to the US with empty suitcases to buy clothing and some electronics and such here because its so much cheaper without the taxes. People from the US would likely just take a trip to Canada or something like that for their luxury shopping.

They couldn't allow the states to control it because there would be a pricing war and everyone would want to move to the lowest priced states. It would have to stay the same for all states.