GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I could see it. People already want to go to Canada for generic prescriptions due to cost vs US.

Yeah it's ridiculous. I use an inhaler called Bevespi. It's a $90 copay for me and the total cost is $541. I can get it in Canada for a little more than my copay total price. But I still get it here since it would cost me slightly more and Medicare pays the rest. There were some rules changed recently that would make the pharmaceutical companies charge like they do in Europe. Don't know when that goes in effect.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah it's ridiculous. I use an inhaler called Bevespi. It's a $90 copay for me and the total cost is $541. I can get it in Canada for a little more than my copay total price. But I still get it here since it would cost me slightly more and Medicare pays the rest. There were some rules changed recently that would make the pharmaceutical companies charge like they do in Europe. Don't know when that goes in effect.

Can you point us to those rules changes?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Can you point us to those rules changes?

If I spent time looking it up. I just remember there were some rule changes by the government a few months ago . Haven't heard anything about it since then so I don't know if it's legitimate or not. What I do know is why does the US pay more than other countries?

Another example is I was using Anoro Ellipta and I paid a $37 per month copay and Medicare paid $500. That exact same drug is available in Canada for a total cost of $80.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Because in other countries their taxes are used to subsidize their Healthcare.

In Murica our taxes are used to subsidize Jeff Bezos and the rest of the ultra wealthy.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If I spent time looking it up. I just remember there were some rule changes by the government a few months ago . Haven't heard anything about it since then so I don't know if it's legitimate or not. What I do know is why does the US pay more than other countries?

Another example is I was using Anoro Ellipta and I paid a $37 per month copay and Medicare paid $500. That exact same drug is available in Canada for a total cost of $80.

It sounds like you are talking about Trump's EO reviving an Obama era plan. You have heard anything, because it's not likely going to happen.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/07/trumps-executive-orders-on-prescription-drugs/

brat_burner

Autocross Champion

If it costs $617 and they're only paying $80, then you owe $537. :LOL:

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Not sure I understand that. The point was that that drug cost $537 in the US and I could buy it in Canada for $80.

From 1 of 4 EO's

Section 1. Purpose. Americans pay more per capita for prescription drugs than residents of any other developed country in the world. It is unacceptable that Americans pay more for the exact same drugs, often made in the exact same places. Other countries’ governments regulate drug prices by negotiating with drug manufacturers to secure bargain prices, leaving Americans to make up the difference — effectively subsidizing innovation and lower-cost drugs for the rest of the world. The Council of Economic Advisers has found that Americans finance much of the biopharmaceutical innovation that the world depends on, allowing foreign governments, many of which are the sole healthcare payers in their respective countries, to enjoy bargain prices for such innovations. Americans should not bear extra burdens to compensate for the shortfalls that result from the nationalized public healthcare systems of wealthy countries abroad.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presiden...r-lowering-drug-prices-putting-america-first/

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Don't we also pay more due to the fact that our healthcare system is generally for-profit as well?

"Virtually all of the US Food and Drug Administration–approved medicines in the United States were developed by for-profit corporations. The 25 largest pharmaceutical companies accounted for 73% of all pharmaceutical sales in 2015."
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2762308#:~:text=Virtually all of the US,developed by for-profit corporations.&text=The 25 largest pharmaceutical companies,all pharmaceutical sales in 2015.

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Don't we also pay more due to the fact that our healthcare system is generally for-profit as well?

"Virtually all of the US Food and Drug Administration–approved medicines in the United States were developed by for-profit corporations. The 25 largest pharmaceutical companies accounted for 73% of all pharmaceutical sales in 2015."
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2762308#:~:text=Virtually all of the US,developed by for-profit corporations.&text=The 25 largest pharmaceutical companies,all pharmaceutical sales in 2015.
That’s exactly why.

That extra $500 covered by Medicare is a direct siphon from the Treasury into the pockets of drug manufacturers.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That’s exactly why.

That extra $500 covered by Medicare is a direct siphon from the Treasury into the pockets of drug manufacturers.

Yep, we can thank GW and his Medicare part D. Such a scam.

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
They couldn't allow the states to control it because there would be a pricing war and everyone would want to move to the lowest priced states. It would have to stay the same for all states.

Well I mean people already do that with income, property, gas & I've even heard for cigarette taxes; not even to mention car insurance. so i don't see why this would be different