GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

zrickety

The Fixer
As far as i know, european food standards are noticeably stricter than american ones.
The FDA is a joke.
Even their ketchup is better than ours, it's pretty sad. I think the data supports the FDA legitimately trying to kill Americans.

anotero

Autocross Champion
The Buffalo shooter is a prime example of the modern world: he has salad for brains, ideologically he is all over the place.
True left are internationalists by definition. Nazis, by definition, are the opposite.
He hates the system, yet instead of tackling the elites he shoots up a store full of regular people. The dude's a fucking moron on so many levels.

npace

Autocross Champion
As far as i know, european food standards are noticeably stricter than american ones.
The FDA is a joke.
I think EU standards are more strict as well. Certain food dyes are banned, which is why M&Ms in Europe look "dull", GMO's are banned (natural varieties of wheat; the bread tastes better), and soft drinks taste different because there's chemicals that aren't allowed there.

Oddly, they are less strict on certain drugs. You can walk into a pharmacy, tell the pharmacist your symptoms (I have a cold, runny nose, aches, flu, whatever) and they can prescribe and sell you certain medicines on the spot. No doctor. Lowers the cost of healthcare quite a bit. And I only had to pay for the medicine because, as an American, I didn't have the local universal health care. This is why I hate when people compare US healthcare to European healthcare. If we want to take care of everybody (and we can, if we stop our war addiction and other absurd government wastes of money), we have to overhaul how we think about and operate our system. Imagine the cost savings (and line reductions) if a parent could take a child with strep throat into a pharmacy, get a swab, and walk out 20 minutes later with antibiotics. It reduces the burden on the doctors office, reduces the cost associated with getting the prescription, and still has the same end result. It also allows for people with illness that is more difficult to diagnose to get in and see the doctor faster. But let's send Billions to Ukraine.

Okay, off my soapbox for now.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
A8B4DCEC-20BF-49DB-B6B5-49B46BDC55BA.jpeg

anotero

Autocross Champion
I think EU standards are more strict as well. Certain food dyes are banned, which is why M&Ms in Europe look "dull", GMO's are banned (natural varieties of wheat; the bread tastes better), and soft drinks taste different because there's chemicals that aren't allowed there.

Oddly, they are less strict on certain drugs. You can walk into a pharmacy, tell the pharmacist your symptoms (I have a cold, runny nose, aches, flu, whatever) and they can prescribe and sell you certain medicines on the spot. No doctor. Lowers the cost of healthcare quite a bit. And I only had to pay for the medicine because, as an American, I didn't have the local universal health care. This is why I hate when people compare US healthcare to European healthcare. If we want to take care of everybody (and we can, if we stop our war addiction and other absurd government wastes of money), we have to overhaul how we think about and operate our system. Imagine the cost savings (and line reductions) if a parent could take a child with strep throat into a pharmacy, get a swab, and walk out 20 minutes later with antibiotics. It reduces the burden on the doctors office, reduces the cost associated with getting the prescription, and still has the same end result. It also allows for people with illness that is more difficult to diagnose to get in and see the doctor faster. But let's send Billions to Ukraine.

Okay, off my soapbox for now.

Don't get me started with bread. I cannot fathom how anyone can call the yellowish sponges they sell here bread. I'll turn into a frenchman or an italian with how much of their bread i eat because i cannot bring myself to eat the "good old pbj bread."

I think that we have to have a prescription for far more drugs here is for liability reasons. I find it silly to an extent.

Last edited:

npace

Autocross Champion
Don't get me started with bread. I cannot fathom how anyone can call the yellowish sponges they sell here bread. I'll turn into a frenchman or an italian with how much of their bread i eat because i cannot bring myself to eat the "good old pbj bread."

I think that we have to have a prescription for far more drugs here is for liability reasons. I find it silly to an extent.
Yeah, bread is a big deal in my house. We don't buy the typical wonder bread type crap. My kids don't even like it. We get "Italian" bread at a local bakery which is basically a baguette but wider for all of their sandwiches and stuff. My wife basically only eats sourdough bread (also from local bakery, the bagged grocery store stuff is not very good). Those are the staples, and then we usually have another variety in the house based on what we're eating that week for dinner.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Yeah, bread is a big deal in my house. We don't buy the typical wonder bread type crap. My kids don't even like it. We get "Italian" bread at a local bakery which is basically a baguette but wider for all of their sandwiches and stuff. My wife basically only eats sourdough bread (also from local bakery, the bagged grocery store stuff is not very good). Those are the staples, and then we usually have another variety in the house based on what we're eating that week for dinner.
It’s pretty easy to make your own sandwich bread. Just use *bread flour* not that all purpose junk and you’re good.

anotero

Autocross Champion
That's pretty much how it is in my house. When i was a kid, my parents would buy the same italian bread you descrived at a local italian store. They baked it right there and sliced it with their bread cutter.

I got sourdough from Trader Joe's a couple of times. It was good until they fucked it up and turned it into sweetdough instead.

zrickety

The Fixer