GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

zrickety

The Fixer
Gas prices, electric bills, etc will all be going up over time because energy is a finite resource. It may be played toward 'PrEvEnTiNg ClImAtE ChAnGe' but the real reason will ultimately be because it is becoming vastly more expensive to extract the remaining untapped energy from the earth. We are over the hump with oil, will be over the hump with lithium soon enough. Everything we do is for GDP, and whether we are making more efficient refrigerators, improving the grid, rolling out the Iphone 14, having black friday sales, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING uses energy for production and distribution. In effect all GDP is, is a measure of how many ways and how fast we can use up energy.

to add, of course, GDP is the thing that needs to grow every year to avoid economic recession, yet here we are in a position that we will likely enter one anyway as energy is no longer in a seemingly limitless abundance in comparison to how fast we use it.

but 'muh Tree Hugers'
I will give you that it's a finite resource, but I would argue that we are nowhere near using it all. Traditional coal and natural gas are 50-60% efficient. Nuclear power is 91% efficient and we have a 200+ year supply with more to be discovered. Electricity is not expensive because it's scarce, it's because corporations are profiting while inflation is high. It comes down to bad economic policy, and our 'leaders' are to blame.

Not to mention, our appliances are more efficient than they used to be, and we've added acres and acres of solar panels, windmills and batteries. To say we are using it faster than we can make it is a fallacy. I've noticed that blackouts are regional in nature, which suggests another failure at the local leadership level.

You summed it up in your first line... "It may be played toward 'PrEvEnTiNg ClImAtE ChAnGe'" This is exactly it, we are being played.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer
They want to blame Putin, but again inflation is just the result of bad policies.

These spikes in pricing are not because we've suddenly run out.

Cost of power in Europe is up almost 600% since last fall. INSANE. This is by design.
Interesting that Sweden is the outlier.

1662570308033.png

zrickety

The Fixer
@riceburner electricity in the US has been pretty flat since 2005.

1662570779624.png

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Gas prices, electric bills, etc will all be going up over time because energy is a finite resource. It may be played toward 'PrEvEnTiNg ClImAtE ChAnGe' but the real reason will ultimately be because it is becoming vastly more expensive to extract the remaining untapped energy from the earth. We are over the hump with oil, will be over the hump with lithium soon enough. Everything we do is for GDP, and whether we are making more efficient refrigerators, improving the grid, rolling out the Iphone 14, having black friday sales, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING uses energy for production and distribution. In effect all GDP is, is a measure of how many ways and how fast we can use up energy.

to add, of course, GDP is the thing that needs to grow every year to avoid economic recession, yet here we are in a position that we will likely enter one anyway as energy is no longer in a seemingly limitless abundance in comparison to how fast we use it.

but 'muh Tree Hugers'

Point taken. Everything in our world is finite, including us.

We will run out of lithium WAAAAAYYY before we run out of easy to extract fossil fuels.

I just finished the Three Mile Island documentary on Netflix. It was very well done. The conclusion was pretty clear. Nuclear energy technology is very safe, it's the companies that run them that are the source of danger. They also mentioned that there are two nuclear plants under construction in the US that may never be finished. That's sad.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie

We will run out of lithium WAAAAAYYY before we run out of easy to extract fossil fuels.

I just finished the Three Mile Island documentary on Netflix. It was very well done. The conclusion was pretty clear. Nuclear energy technology is very safe, it's the companies that run them that are the source of danger. They also mentioned that there are two nuclear plants under construction in the US that may never be finished. That's sad.
Lithium World Reserves are roughly 165 years at the 2021 mining rate. To meet the expected requirements for EVs in the amounts governments are pushing for the rate of use will increase by an order of magnitude over the next decade.

Cobalt World Reserves are less than 45 years at the 2021 mining rate.

Nickel World Reserves are under 38 years at the 2020 mining rate.

Why does Klaus want to depopulate the world?

Last edited:

morricus

Go Kart Champion

agreed. And the technology employed in the construction of a modern reactor is vastly superior (safer, more efficient) than what was used in the reactors online now that were built in the 60's and 70's. Its a shame we aren't reevaluating use of Nuclear.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Agreed. Public utilities are already dangerously close to government run, they are so heavily regulated and politically influenced. Out here in Happy Valley, a number of small towns have their own electric companies. They buy electricity on the open market, own the poles and lines, and sell it to their residents. My mother in law's house is half the size of ours, but her bill is 10% of ours. It's like it was 100 years ago.

I used to chuckle at those who live off the grid. Not anymore.

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer
1662644525172.png