GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
Agreed.
Both major political parties are failing, but only the members of one tried, and are still trying, to overturn a certified election that had no widespread voter fraud, only one had members that tried to stop the Congress and Vice President from doing the job that is constitutionally mandated, only members of one stormed the Capital with various items used as weapons, attacked the police (Blue Lives Matter, bleat-bleat-bleat, anyone?) and wanted to hang the Vice President and kill the Speaker of the House.
And your taxpayer dollars get to pay for all of the damage. Happy, fiscal conservatives?

There is only one party, as flawed as it is, that is interested in governing. The Republicans have abdicated any pretense of being a party of ideas and ideals.

“The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it.”

-P.J. O’Rourke

Smdh.

All true. But democrats have BLM and antifa who burned the country down, including government buildings, for a year causing billions in damage. They established CHAZ which was quite literally an insurrection as well. And what do we think would have happened if Trump won? They would suddenly become mature and accept the loss like men? Or amplify what they were already doing?

Let's also not forget the years of election fraud purported by the dems. Some news sources would only refer to Trump as Mr. instead of President because they felt he wasn't legitimately elected.

Conservatives and liberals are one in the same, the only thing that changes are their triggers.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
The rich guys from the "left" and the "right" attend same banquets and same golf clubs, rob us all the same

Exactly.

Donald Trump has lined up three New York hedge funds, including money from billionaire George Soros, to invest $160 million in his Chicago skyscraper

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2004-10-28-0410280265-story.html

Trump doubles down on well-wishes for alleged sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/04/trump-well-wishes-ghislaine-maxwell-391274

We all need to stop drinking the kool aid. They're all frauds.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Alternatively, it could be argued that those who don't see a difference between the two are blind. And those who can discern the grey areas between the two parties are the ones with sight.

The modern Dem and modern GOP p[parties can be represented by a Venn diagram, and the middle part of that diagram is certainly quite large. But there are still differences between the two parties.
There is no difference. The two parties serve a certain class, of which no one here is a part of. Otherwise we wouldn't be on this forum because we wouldn't be driving Golfs. Whatever superficial differences one may find are just that -- superficial. Enough to keep the voters fighting each other.

zrickety

The Fixer
I'm not immunocompromised. I have COPD and as you know I've had both shots without repercussions. I'll add "so far" before you do. 😂

And because breathing is my worst problem I actually inquired at the pharmacy while I was picking up a prescription if I am eligible for the 3rd shot. I'm not yet.
They consider over 65 immunocompromised though...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The irony of Mr. It's only old people dying, so who cares, pretending to care about Jim living or dying. Too rich.

fauMkVGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Yep, it's just a way for "moderates" to absolved themselves from being fascist lite. All the fascism, half the calories. Fuck them.

They've got half the population convinced that basic necessities of a modern civilization are cOmMunIsM.

Fuck them all.

I'll respond to this quote first and then I'll respond to some other points you made. The word fascism is thrown around way to loosely these days. Calling the right or moderates in this country fascist is just crazy. I have family members that dealt with fascism first hand and died at the hand of fascism which was the case for my great grandfather getting killed by the SS because he decided to criticize Hitler which forced my grandmother and her brother into hiding. Her brother ended by dyeing of starvation in hiding. That's fascism, getting riled up by someone on Social Media is not.
It's just as crazy as calling a moderate left leaning person a Communist. Yes, even there I have family members that dealt with it first hand.

You mentioned that Eisenhower was the last conservative president (I agree). I also think he was the last president not beholden by the military industrial complex which tells me you do agree with my original post that we are all getting f***ed but instead of questioning our political system we question each other.

The only people who talk about "both sides are to blame" are (or were) so far down the Fox news rabbit hole that they actually think that shit is true.

Here's a better take, the last liberal president we had was Jimmy Carter. He got the royal GOP fuck you treatment with Iran hostage situation by the scumbag Reagan.

Since then we have had basically all far right presidents and Obama was a centrist and THAT is what is causing the increasing polarization of political discourse in the US.

I'm not a citizen of the US, I don't vote in the US, and I most definitely don't watch Fox News. You have to love the automatic assumption though - "He doesn't agree with us so he must be a White American Fox News watcher".

I'm simply looking from the outside in and what I'm seeing is a once great people calling each other fascists and communists while their politicians are enriching themselves with backroom deals while calling other countries corrupt.

With that I'm out of this thread....going back to talking cars.

1L19

Autocross Champion
I'll respond to this quote first and then I'll respond to some other points you made. The word fascism is thrown around way to loosely these days. Calling the right or moderates in this country fascist is just crazy. I have family members that dealt with fascism first hand and died at the hand of fascism which was the case for my great grandfather getting killed by the SS because he decided to criticize Hitler which forced my grandmother and her brother into hiding. Her brother ended by dyeing of starvation in hiding. That's fascism, getting riled up by someone on Social Media is not.
It's just as crazy as calling a moderate left leaning person a Communist. Yes, even there I have family members that dealt with it first hand.

You mentioned that Eisenhower was the last conservative president (I agree). I also think he was the last president not beholden by the military industrial complex which tells me you do agree with my original post that we are all getting f***ed but instead of questioning our political system we question each other.

I'm not a citizen of the US, I don't vote in the US, and I most definitely don't watch Fox News. You have to love the automatic assumption though - "He doesn't agree with us so he must be a White American Fox News watcher".

I'm simply looking from the outside in and what I'm seeing is a once great people calling each other fascists and communists while their politicians are enriching themselves with backroom deals while calling other countries corrupt.

With that I'm out of this thread....going back to talking cars.
You'll probably be back. This is where the action is however there is no impetus to bash heads. :)

torga

Autocross Champion
You'll probably be back. This is where the action is however there is no impetus to bash heads. :)
If you're from the mk6 forums, this is the only real action we get. Mk7 has all the car talk now, it seems.