GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

cb1111

Especially nowadays with the "real ID" laws.

I still dont have a real ID because I dont have the documents needed, and its taken months to get them. I have both forms of passport and global entry so its not a problem but still a good example of how challenging it is.

The day I was at AAA doing my ID there was 4 other people who walked in, met about an ID and walked out because they didn't have the documents.
What documents are needed?
The ID requirement is really difficult. Nobody has any of the required documents. In short, you need:

One proof of who you are - passport (US or foreign with visa/green card), military ID card (which is a REAL ID by itself)
Two proofs of where you live - utility bill, bank statement, mail addressed to you, current driver's license with your address etc.
One proof of SSN - SSN card, 1099, W-2, pay stub

Paperwork burden statement - it would take the average forum member at least one minute to find all the required documentation.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
ID isn't voter suppression. If you think it is, then by proxy, you're indicating that YOU believe that people of color are too stupid, poor, or ignorant to have an ID. That makes you a racist bud, but thats a different conversation.

You already have to have a background check to buy a gun, even at a gun show. NICS is instant. I bought a new pistol a week or two ago, had to pay for the background check as part of the purchase.
Sure it is.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...can-bid-to-revive-north-carolina-voter-id-law

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/north-carolina-voter-id/

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The ID require is really difficult. Nobody has any of the required documents. In short, you need:

One proof of who you are - passport (US or foreign with visa/green card), military ID card (which is a REAL ID by itself)
Two proofs of where you live - utility bill, bank statement, mail addressed to you, current driver's license with your address etc.
One proof of SSN - SSN card, 1099, W-2, pay stub

Paperwork burden statement - it would take the average forum member at least one minute to find all the required documentation.
You're kidding, right?

Anyway, you're required to prove residency and eligibility when you register.

cb1111

I've heard "monkey" used both as an intentional slur and not intended as a slur. A sports show I listen to used to call radio program directors monkeys. When that show was trying to get more stations he said that he was going to have lunch with the monkey. It's the context with which it was used that determines if it's an intended slur.
And using the work "monkey" got Howard Cosell in trouble.

Many words are perfectly fine in one context and discriminatory in others. Here, the term was used in a derogatory manner and anotero pushes the envelope to see how far he can go.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I've heard "monkey" used both as an intentional slur and not intended as a slur. A sports show I listen to used to call radio program directors monkeys. When that show was trying to get more stations he said that he was going to have lunch with the monkey. It's the context with which it was used that determines if it's an intended slur.
Always the apologist.

Calling a black man a poo flinging monkey is racist. Period.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Always the apologist.

Calling a black man a poo flinging monkey is racist. Period.
Where do you get apologist from my post you quoted? I don't know what you're talking about with the example you gave. But yes your example is racist.

You purposely take a simple post and twist it to start a pissing contest.
My example stands and it wasn't an apology for anyone.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
ID isn't voter suppression. If you think it is, then by proxy, you're indicating that YOU believe that people of color are too stupid, poor, or ignorant to have an ID. That makes you a racist bud, but thats a different conversation.

You already have to have a background check to buy a gun, even at a gun show. NICS is instant. I bought a new pistol a week or two ago, had to pay for the background check as part of the purchase.

This is not completely true. Not all states require a NICS check for a purchase if face to face, and what is called the “gun show loophole”. The push for universal background checks is to make ALL transfers go through a NICS process.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
I used to call one of my fraternity brothers my helper monkey cause we (myself and the older brothers) would make him make iced tea or kool-aid when the girls came over during the day. 😄

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
First real drive in Comet. Glorious Noise!
Thumbs up from old Vette and teen at market said it sounds amazing and asked if he could take a picture. Manual steering and brakes are a throwback. It's loud in a good way and more apt to get an undeserved ticket than the GTI.
5th gear is an overdrive so it will cruise at 70 doing 2200 rpm but you forget how quietly new cars can do stupid fast

anotero

Autocross Champion
Joe is trying to restart the Cold War with Russia. Sanctions, like we do any business with them.
China arguably the biggest threat in the world, you'll never hear China Joe say a bad word about them.
Actually China has been declared enemy number 1, with Russia in second place. The Cold War has been going on for at least 13 years, and arguably started under Obama.

The titanium for parts in the super-duper amazing F-35 is purchased in Russia.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Uhhhhhh that's absolutely not the same thing as the other guy was saying. I've literally never heard the term monkey used as a racial slur either. You guys are insane if you think that's the same as the other dude.
Lol. But...but...you are slaughtering their noble self-righteous attempts.

I bet they have used the word as a racial slur themselves and now think everyone else does.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Greekspec2 deserved to be banned, that shit was beyond embarrassing.

It's pure revisionist history to be angry about Anotero's "comedy" now though. The only two people he actually directs it at are already ignoring him.

His jokes are bad, really bad, Michael Jackson. He doesn't deserve to be banned though. His vulgarity is no worse than GTIfan99's razor blade obsession.
I don't joke, only use sarcasm.