GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
Insane numbers of people all over the world die from a plethora of other conditions every year. I don't see the same level of hysteria. Massive lockdowns in Australia, 300 euro police fines for not wearing a mask in Cyprus, retarded rules that keep getting instituted, repealed, rinsed, repeated in LA and Moscow. Scary stories about mobile morgues in NYC. Blatant fear mongering for 1.5 years as if the Spanish flu or the plague herself is here.

My 88 year old grandmother faired just fine after contracting covid. And that's with being on disability for the past 40 years and chronic heart problems.

So where's the end to all of this insanity?

My uncle has a hole in his heart, contracted covid back in April of last year when little was known about it and is doing fine.

Those who want to be vaccinated are protected against serious illness. Those who aren't understand and accept the risk they're taking. Time to move forward.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Wrong, it's hilarious how everyone in here only focuses on the US total.

Yea my dad is 74 going on 85 and on tons of medication. He got it and basically lost his voice and was sore. He had a pretty bad stroke about 20 years ago also.
Okay over 4.2 million have died worldwide. Does that make you feel better. And yes I focus on the US.

torga

Autocross Champion
.08% mortality if you prefer overall numbers over anecdotal. I think we can wrap things up.
How'd you get 0.08% mortality?

The US has a ~1.75% mortality and the worldwide number is ~2.13%.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
How'd you get 0.08% mortality?

The US has a ~1.75% mortality and the worldwide number is ~2.13%.

Referring to delta which is the dominant strain now and less lethal. According to a study out of the UK delta is .08% for unvaccinated, .02% for vaccinated.

torga

Autocross Champion
Referring to delta which is the dominant strain now and less lethal. According to a study out of the UK delta is .08% for unvaccinated, .02% for vaccinated.
Makes sense. Context is important.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
I am going to have to think on the 3 month rule. My first though is yes but idk. The rest of your post yes

agree mostly (see below)*

agree

*yes, but if we eliminate the $ part of it. Easier said than done. Instead of lobbyists if there were real advisors hired by Govt being closely watched for financial irregularities.

CSB: at my shop we are in process of getting Govt Job. The military QC inspectors refused the offer from the contractor to pay for their lunch during a recent group visit. Max Respect.

agree!

but what if the guy is honestly good? In CT we have (for example) Rosa Delauro and Richard Blumenthal both career politicians I like. Think of non-elected govt officials, there are plenty in their jobs doing good work everyday for years. I believe the $ required to get elected is the problem. Time in office can be better regulated by the peoples will than by whomever had the most $.
The problem with all of this is those who make the rules hold the seats and hoe many of them are willing to put limits on how long they have there job? I am guessing very few if any.

torga

Autocross Champion
I'm having trouble finding the actual CDC source, but several articles have been citing the CDC saying that there are currently ~35,000 breakthrough cases per week in the US. Out of the ~500,000 new cases per week (calculated from their rolling 7-day average), breakthrough cases currently represent ~7% of total cases in the US.

Edit: I figured out why I can't find the CDC report on this. This information comes from an unpublished CDC report, acquired by WaPo. Some in this thread won't like that.

1L19

Autocross Champion
I'm having trouble finding the actual CDC source, but several articles have been citing the CDC saying that there are currently ~35,000 breakthrough cases per week in the US. Out of the ~500,000 new cases per week (calculated from their rolling 7-day average), breakthrough cases currently represent ~7% of total cases in the US.

Edit: I figured out why I can't find the CDC report on this. This information comes from an unpublished CDC report, acquired by WaPo. Some in this thread won't like that.

Bla they wouldn't like it if you had the actual CDC staff member standing right in front of them providing the information. Crisis actor!

torga

Autocross Champion
Bla they wouldn't like it if you had the actual CDC staff member standing right in front of them providing the information. Crisis actor!
If that report is valid... it supports the ~90% efficacy of the vaccines. And half of this thread doesn't wanna hear that.