GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

manu97

Autocross Champion
I don't agree with most of what you guys are saying in here, but I see no reason for you guys to not be able to say it. I just steer clear of this thread and I'm good to go. Not all that difficult, though I must admit the changing titles have caught my attention before haha

npace

Autocross Champion
Here's the definition of critical thinking:

https://www.criticalthinking.org/pages/defining-critical-thinking/766

Is that how you would describe what goes on here?

Yeah, it's great people are seeking info outside the MSM, but that by itself doesn't make someone a critical thinker, there's still far more to it.
You mean like reading a clickbait article about racism in home appraisals, and thinking, "hmmm, there's a lot of other reasons these two people might have had their homes undervalued"? Would that qualify, per your definition?

uberdot

Autocross Champion
I don't agree with most of what you guys are saying in here, but I see no reason for you guys to not be able to say it. I just steer clear of this thread and I'm good to go. Not all that difficult, though I must admit the changing titles have caught my attention before haha
Takes balls to express unpopular views. I don’t blame you.

C523C91E-35A8-4921-AE5D-04A3C27DF254.jpeg

uberdot

Autocross Champion
I did make sure to compliment Tricycunt on having the gall to publicly proclaim his sincere support for Biden before his departure. That’s a rare stance to see an individual (not the media, that doesn’t count) hold.

Luva

Go Kart Champion
Well, it seems that politically talk will be allowed to continue in the "Off Topic / Misc" areas of an obscure car forum. I have a few personal take aways from this interesting roller coaster:

1. Political talk should remain relegated to the off topic areas.
2. Higher doses of common courtesy are needed, no matter the viewpoint.
3. Jay and the other moderators have a thankless job, similar to the project manager dilemma. The best outcome a good PM can hope for is when all stakeholders are slightly annoyed with the PM.

I believe in open and free thought, despite it being a messy affair in practice. But there is a certain level of responsibility that should be coupled with free speech. It should not be used as a tool to be rude, slanderous or used as an excuse to ignore natural consequences to bad behavior. We can all do better. Carry on my fellow car lovers!

uberdot

Autocross Champion
How many of these outside commentators are leaving these rules and remarks in the Ukraine thread?

I’m not going in there to check either. Unlike a religious fundamentalist who goes out of their way to drive by a gay bar to get offended by it, I’m not popping in to get rustled over peoples opinions.

Last edited:

npace

Autocross Champion
You mean like reading a clickbait article about racism in home appraisals, and thinking, "hmmm, there's a lot of other reasons these two people might have had their homes undervalued"? Would that qualify, per your definition?
It just hit me... another reason for an appraisal is property tax. Maybe the racism is against white people, and they're being over-charged on taxes? (Since people don't understand sarcasm, I'm pointing it out here)

KevinC

Autocross Champion
I can’t speak for everyone but in my experience as a veteran/refugee of the left, I find a lot of modern conservatives (which are basically liberals who do the speed limit) to be more tolerant and less chastising than my liberal family and friends. The most extreme examples of treatment are from people who are fresh recruits to the left, and aren’t aware what liberalism actually is.
^^ post of the day. I can totally relate to all of this.

zrickety

The Fixer
I got a mk4 vr6 project sitting in my drive that’s smirking at me. “Just try me, bitch”
If it's a rust-free manual, let's make a deal.

zrickety

The Fixer
Really? Because I read the article and didn't see any evidence or research. There was a lot of numbers and some graphs only looking at one possible explanation. And based on the number of homes sold throughout the US, it was a very small sample size. What I saw was click-bait, "America is racist because x" fake journalism. Why is there an appraisal being done if the person isn't selling the home? HELOC? Same rules apply. Anyone can look at anything and blame racism. That doesn't make it true. I'll admit that there's a possibility, and even a high probability that this happens. You should be able to (but won't because MuH RaCISm) admit that it isn't nearly as widespread as the article makes it out to be, and that home values are more complicated than a single issue.
This reminds me. The wife's office was having trouble with their phones on Wednesday. Apparently the company told them the Russians were doing a cyber attack and they had to shut down their phone system, LOLOLOL
Yeah, right.

anotero

Autocross Champion
This reminds me. The wife's office was having trouble with their phones on Wednesday. Apparently the company told them the Russians were doing a cyber attack and they had to shut down their phone system, LOLOLOL
Yeah, right.
My local gas station meep raising prices. They told me it's the putin hackers messing with their numbers. I believe them

zrickety

The Fixer