GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Tall MQB Thread

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Figured this would be a good place for us red headed step children of the mqb world to share mods, tips , troubles, and whatever else.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
I'll start things off. I purchased a 2024 Tiguan Se R-line in September.
20231007_142026.jpg

Within 2 days, had some mil and sos lights on.
20231013_150813.jpg
20231014_173404.jpg

Persistent little s*#t, but a couple of trips to the dealership and one new module later, all is well! Next mods will be an interior lighting revamp and 20" wheels.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
reviving thread......

Anyone have an MQB Tiggie that has upgraded to an extendable arm rest? This short arm rest is killing me....can't really even use it

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
reviving thread......

Anyone have an MQB Tiggie that has upgraded to an extendable arm rest? This short arm rest is killing me....can't really even use it
I really want this. I got spoiled with this in the gti and r.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Ha. Just yesterday my wife goes "Why doesn't my armrest slide out like yours?"

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Lmao. Come on in! The water is fine. I have been doing some research on the armrest and found that one of the golfs uses the ratcheting arm rest with the leatherette cover and silver stitching. Found some on ebay for around $150 all in. If I can convince the wife to let me rip apart the tiggy to investigate I'll report back.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Lmao. Come on in! The water is fine. I have been doing some research on the armrest and found that one of the golfs uses the ratcheting arm rest with the leatherette cover and silver stitching. Found some on ebay for around $150 all in. If I can convince the wife to let me rip apart the tiggy to investigate I'll report back.
can you post up info? I'd be interested in the "how to"

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I wonder if we could get a Zhong Zhong mechanism?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
I wonder if we could get a Zhong Zhong mechanism?
use your google-fu and find it! I'm SO down.

Imma bout to swap these junk oem tires out for DWS 245/55

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Since we're letting Atlas's in I say we also let the Taos in and just make this the tall golf thread.

CFB Taos checking in

View attachment 306082
my daughter has a 2010 Tiggie and man do I want to get her a Taos...does IT have an extending armrest??

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
We had a taos loaner when the tiguan went into the shop. It was actually kinda fun to drive. Felt like a tall golf. Wife liked it better than the q5 loaner. This is when I knew she wasn't all there in the head.... ( kidding, she actually puts up with alot of my shenanigans)

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Trying to figure out what tire I want to use on these wheels. Those pictured are 265/65/18 Yokohama geolanders that I picked up off Craigslist for cheap just to test fit, too bad the guy only had two of them.
IMG_7184.jpeg
IMG_7183.jpeg
IMG_7186.jpeg