GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Throttle Response Help

smillysmile

Hey all! I have a '13 GTI 6MT. I have owned this car for 4 years. Before I bought it the car was practically rebuilt from the ground up by a European shop. valve cleaning, rebuilt upper, timing chain, filters, turbo. If you can name it, it was probably done. Everything aftermarket was done by me a year after ownership IE CAI, R8 plugs, clutch bleeder block, stage 2 clutch, Downpipe, catback, and stratified tune. The issue I am having has been going ever since I bought the car. the pedal feels practically dead. There is no instant response from the throttle. I can blip it to the floor and get a minimal response from RPM. If I am in first gear driving through a parking lot with no throttle input and I blip the throttle to the floor, the car either doesn't do anything or it "bucks" just the slightest bit. The best way to describe it is, the car feels like it has to wind up before it does anything. It makes downshifting awkward because I can't simply blip the throttle. I have to firmly push the throttle in slowly to get my required rpm.

No CEL, No real performance loss. Just extremely annoying

I have been doing a process that I found here long ago. Key on, throttle to the floor for 20 seconds, release, key off, key on, key off, then start. There is a difference but it's very minimal.

Being a mechanic I have never seen throttle response so dead in a vehicle.

I have a family member that has a '14 Passat with 1.8t as soon as I give that car a little bit of throttle, It's freaking zooming!