GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

We Connect - Car unlocked bug

Ciccina2016

Good Morning dear fellows

So I am abroad and decide to check the car status via We Connect and when refreshing it states that the car is unlocked as well as the windows and boot.
The car is parked at my usual parking bay however it is too late in the night to contact anyone to check if the car is alright.
The following day, after a very pleasant night, wondering if I am still a Golf owner, I have confirmation that the car is there and both windows and boot are shut.

So my question is, IS "We Connect" so crap as I think it is?
How on earth is possible that this app gives so misleading information?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
There‘ve been a a number of cases reported on VW and Seat forums of We Connect giving false alarms (car unlocked, windows down, lights on etc.) which can be quite disconcerting in situations such as yours - i.e. away from home and unable to check your car.

Does We Connect provide anything that’s really useful? If not, I’d be deleting the app and not using it.

tos

Go Kart Champion
We connect works well after latest updates.
Which version your car have?
1898 coming from 2022/23 models, other have 1896 and we are waiting for OTA update.

ah184

Passed Driver's Ed
I’ve noticed the same problem with ‘We Connect’ if I don’t use the car for a week and check, then it always says it’s unlocked and the bonnet and boot is open and sometimes the windows. I then go out and check and everything is locked and ok. I then unlock and lock it again and everything is back to normal. My software version is 1896, It’s really annoying. I only really use it to check mpg which is useful.

Ciccina2016

I’ve noticed the same problem with ‘We Connect’ if I don’t use the car for a week and check, then it always says it’s unlocked and the bonnet and boot is open and sometimes the windows. I then go out and check and everything is locked and ok. I then unlock and lock it again and everything is back to normal. My software version is 1896, It’s really annoying. I only really use it to check mpg which is useful.
It happened again, after 4 days not using the app. What a piece of bad software indeed