GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

We Connect Plus renewal

ah184

Passed Driver's Ed
My We Connect Plus Contract expires in December is it worth renewing as It’s not cheap?

Promptly

What are your impressions of using We Connect Plus over the year or more of your use? Did you use/like it? Is it worth renewing based on your use?

ah184

Passed Driver's Ed
I only find it useful for checking my mpg. The thing that is most annoying is that it keeps telling me my car is unlocked when it isn’t. Maybe they will add more features and make it more reliable?

Promptly

Seems like you've answered your own question.
You find it useful to check the mpg of your car on an app, rather than viewing the data on the car's screen - renew the contract.
On the other hand the app isn't reliable and sometimes supplies false information - let the contract expire.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
@ah184; if you only used We Connect Plus for monitoring your fuel consumption, I wouldn’t bother renewing it.

I’m assuming fuel consumption data for the mk8 Golf can be viewed in the vehicle settings via the infotainment screen (it can in my Polo GTI+). Alternatively, you can calculate it manually when to fill your tank; convert the no. of litres to gallons that it takes to fill the tank and divide the mileage driven since last filling up by the gallons used.

There are also a number of free apps for monitoring fuel usage; do an internet search on ‘best free fuel tracker app’ or similar.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Is this the same contractor as the one for the MK7? If it is, I have a question for you to ask them.

giovanotti

Passed Driver's Ed
I did not decide for it.
Of course my navigation maps did not update.

Has anyone succeeded to update navigation database via USB?