GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where can I find the official listing of the latest software versions?

Jerry_D

I have a 2021 Golf 8 1,5 Style and have recently received an OTA update.My current status is this:

Untitled.png

However, reading posts here I can see people with lesser and greater numbers, all stating that is the latest. Is there some public official source of info where I could check what is the current version for my particular vehicle?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
1899 is the latest available software from VW.
1900 is only installed on the latest Golf 8 built in the VW factory.
1941 should be the next available update.
The My24 Golf 8 have a revised part number ending in 820P or 820Q for the Discovery Media while 816P or 816Q for Discovery Pro.
It is possible they will come with the newer 1941 software already.

Jerry_D

Thank you Massimo. Where do you get this info from? How can I get the 1899 and would it apply to my car?

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
Thank you Massimo. Where do you get this info from? How can I get the 1899 and would it apply to my car?
Taking this opportunity to make a comment, got all the latest updates OTA, since the last ones I now experience what I never had before - infotainment system rebooting, usually just after starting the car.
I'm not totally convinced either that the matrix headlights haven't been changed in the 1899 update.

Oberman

1899 is the latest available software from VW.
1900 is only installed on the latest Golf 8 built in the VW factory.
1941 should be the next available update.
The My24 Golf 8 have a revised part number ending in 820P or 820Q for the Discovery Media while 816P or 816Q for Discovery Pro.
It is possible they will come with the newer 1941 software already.
Is 1899 also the latest for my MY21 Golf GTE?
I am still on 1788

Thanks, Theo

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
Taking this opportunity to make a comment, got all the latest updates OTA, since the last ones I now experience what I never had before - infotainment system rebooting, usually just after starting the car.
I'm not totally convinced either that the matrix headlights haven't been changed in the 1899 update.
To expand on this reply, last Summer got 1899 OTA and recently this OUG1 update also OTA - no obvious change to the user interface

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 103

hknakcyr

Hello,

What is the latest software version of Golf 8 Composition Radio with 2 knobs? 1776 version installed in my car.

Thanks.