GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where's the 12v battery on an eHybrid?

AndyCYM

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, have had a major infotainment crash, parking sensor and SOS call fail etc etc. while on holiday in France. Thought I'd try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, but can't find it - does anyone know? Does it even have a normal 12v battery? Yours in hope.

CH47AV8R

Can't speak specifically to the battery location (if it exists)
Try pulling fuses?
Is there a manual in the glove box?

AndyCYM

Passed Driver's Ed
Can't speak specifically to the battery location (if it exists)
Try pulling fuses?
Is there a manual in the glove box?
Fuses is a good idea, thanks, will try that in the morning if the cursed thing hasn't sorted itself out. Why oh why did I sell my 7.5 GTD?

AndyCYM

Passed Driver's Ed
Fuses removed and replaced, made no difference. VW dealership in Montpellier offered book the car in for three weeks time. I actually hate this car now.

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
Hi, have had a major infotainment crash, parking sensor and SOS call fail etc etc. while on holiday in France. Thought I'd try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, but can't find it - does anyone know? Does it even have a normal 12v battery? Yours in hope.
Sorry, but it's so funny for me. The same happened to me last year when I drove my eTSI from Germany to Spain. Mid France Infotainment and SOS died. Parking sensors worked tho...
Disconnecting the battery didn't work, but if you do disconnect it, when you connect it again and start the car all the error will pop up. Don't panic, just go for a small drive and they will clear out.
How did I fix it? Well... I didn't. 3 weeks in Spain with no Infotainment. Came back to Germany and made an appointment with the dealer. The day before the appointment started to work again (but with the random reboot issues).

AndyCYM

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry, but it's so funny for me. The same happened to me last year when I drove my eTSI from Germany to Spain. Mid France Infotainment and SOS died. Parking sensors worked tho...
Disconnecting the battery didn't work, but if you do disconnect it, when you connect it again and start the car all the error will pop up. Don't panic, just go for a small drive and they will clear out.
How did I fix it? Well... I didn't. 3 weeks in Spain with no Infotainment. Came back to Germany and made an appointment with the dealer. The day before the appointment started to work again (but with the random reboot issues).
Back in the UK yesterday and persuaded a VW dealer to book the car in for next Tuesday. This morning I decided to try switching on and rebooting again. Guess what - it worked, all back to normal. Is it a coincidence that it had it's first full charge last night since it went wrong 10 days ago (it's an eHybrid)? Infuriating.