GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Zsofia's Daily GTI (and occasionally her other cars too)

anotherslow86

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI, AE86, Skyline
Mods:

• BBS SR 18x8 (Anthracite)
  • Continental Extreme Contact 235/40ZR
  • H&R Lowering Springs
  • Black Forest Industries Shift Knob (Black Perforated Leather)
  • Black VW Badges (Front and Rear)
  • OEM Brushed Aluminum Mirror Caps

Pictures:

2FF07F00-BE92-4446-9E1E-6243D651F178.JPG
IMG_9834.JPG
IMG_9837.JPG

Last edited:

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
OK the GTI is nice and clean, but... I'm here for the 86.

Are you planning to upgrade the shocks/struts on your GTI at some point? Some B6 or B8 dampers would pair great with those springs. Probably fine on the stockers for now, but when the time comes...

anotherslow86

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI, AE86, Skyline
OK the GTI is nice and clean, but... I'm here for the 86.

Are you planning to upgrade the shocks/struts on your GTI at some point? Some B6 or B8 dampers would pair great with those springs. Probably fine on the stockers for now, but when the time comes...
Thanks for the kind words! I love my 86 so so much.

I actually don’t know a ton about VW or my GTI. That’s what brought me here. Obviously joining this forum was wise, as I didn’t know I could run B6 or B8 dampers. I love the idea of OEM+ mods for this car, so I can definitely see myself utilizing them.

My stock dampers only have 25k on them so far, so I’m gonna push them a bit further first.

I’ll have to find some threads discussing those dampers and read up. Thanks for that information! :)

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
+1 On Bilstein B6/B8, I have the B6 on my MK4 paired with H&Rs and they are nice. If I hadn't gotten a deal on my Konis I'd likely have a set on my MK7.5 as well.

Any future plans for the car? loving the R32 by the way!

anotherslow86

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI, AE86, Skyline
+1 On Bilstein B6/B8, I have the B6 on my MK4 paired with H&Rs and they are nice. If I hadn't gotten a deal on my Konis I'd likely have a set on my MK7.5 as well.

Any future plans for the car? loving the R32 by the way!
So far the plan is just to enjoy the car and decide where it could use upgrades along the way. I just put some OEM brushed aluminum mirror caps on. I really love the look!

I think in the future I’ll be doing some more OEM+ mods. Perhaps a stage 1 tune, but likely one of the lower torque versions as to preserve my stock clutch.

Here’s a picture with the new mirror caps.

898E0B9F-FA3C-4280-8FC2-5011438409A1.jpeg