GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI bodykit

tgchiriga

Passed Driver's Ed
I went to Donaldsons VW today and one of the guys I talked to told me that some people had put the Kit on order and that they were available. He said theres a small problem with installation. Something about how they are going to do it.

Is this info accurate or was this gu yanking my chain:wink:

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
tgchiriga said:
I went to Donaldsons VW today and one of the guys I talked to told me that some people had put the Kit on order and that they were available. He said theres a small problem with installation. Something about how they are going to do it.

Is this info accurate or was this gu yanking my chain:wink:

Can you be more specific??? I have the full Votex kit on, and it was installed seemlesly. The only problem with installation they told me about, was the fact that they had to mangle those black pieces to get them off.

tgchiriga

Passed Driver's Ed
the oem kit from vw. I dont know if it called the vortex kit. i dont even know what the vortex kit looks like.

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
That black makes me moist....:bow: :w00t:

Attachments

• scanner.gif
    scanner.gif
    5 KB · Views: 572

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
tgchiriga said:
the oem kit from vw.

I don't believe this is OEM in the techincal sense. It is sold by the Dealers to enhance their profit, but I am sure VW AG did not design it and does not make this stuff.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
NorthGTI said:
I don't believe this is OEM in the techincal sense. It is sold by the Dealers to enhance their profit, but I am sure VW AG did not design it and does not make this stuff.

First of all it's VOTEX not VORTEX, and it's not OEM becuase it's UEM, Upgraded Equipment Manufacture. This should end the debate.

"Votex GmbH, a fully owned subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, is responsible for designing and distributing Audi/Volkswagen Genuine Accessories. All genuine accessories are created in close collaboration with designers to ensure that they suit the vehicle perfectly and stand out through their optimum fit, pure form and highest technical standards."

http://www.votex.de/

Basically to address your question, the guy's at the dealership were full of s!@$ cuz these kits are designed to fit perfectly. Removing the original Black Bits from the car gave the body shop guy's some trouble, but nothing serious.

:headbang:

tgchiriga

Passed Driver's Ed
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
First of all it's VOTEX not VORTEX, and it's not OEM becuase it's UEM, Upgraded Equipment Manufacture. This should end the debate.

"Votex GmbH, a fully owned subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, is responsible for designing and distributing Audi/Volkswagen Genuine Accessories. All genuine accessories are created in close collaboration with designers to ensure that they suit the vehicle perfectly and stand out through their optimum fit, pure form and highest technical standards."

http://www.votex.de/

Basically to address your question, the guy's at the dealership were full of s!@$ cuz these kits are designed to fit perfectly. Removing the original Black Bits from the car gave the body shop guy's some trouble, but nothing serious.

:headbang:

Geez dude whats with all the corrections. Im on spring break damit:drinking:

Thanks for clarifying. so do i ask for the votex kit at the dealer? Is this the kit the sales guy was talking about?

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
tgchiriga said:
Geez dude whats with all the corrections. Im on spring break damit:drinking:

Thanks for clarifying. so do i ask for the votex kit at the dealer? Is this the kit the sales guy was talking about?

Yeah that's the only one you can get directly thru VW at the moment. There are alot of different Aftermarket kits available, and there not much more expensive, just more aggresive looking.

tgchiriga

Passed Driver's Ed
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
Yeah that's the only one you can get directly thru VW at the moment. There are alot of different Aftermarket kits available, and there not much more expensive, just more aggresive looking.

Yea im going to pick up mine in a week. Candy White, Pck # 2 with sirius, 18" Hufeisen wheels:thumbsup:

GTT

Touring Car Champion
That Votex kit is pretty much how the GTI should have come, stock.
There isn't anything that special about it versus painting the stock bits, other than the cooler looking lower "lip" of the kit vs. stock.

I'm thinking of getting the front lip and then simply painting the stock sides and rear.
The Votex kit is pretty boring in comparison to what's out there given it's high cost.

T

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
GTT said:
That Votex kit is pretty much how the GTI should have come, stock.
There isn't anything that special about it versus painting the stock bits, other than the cooler looking lower "lip" of the kit vs. stock.

I'm thinking of getting the front lip and then simply painting the stock sides and rear.
The Votex kit is pretty boring in comparison to what's out there given it's high cost.

T

It looks better in person, not boring, just smooth.